Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 6 months ago #151 by mik0392
I am also having this problem, in regards to the post above me.

I changed my template to milkyway, Kunena template to default and it still did not work.

mootools at 1.2.4 and joomla 1.5.20 also
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 6 months ago #152 by sozzled
mik0392: what template were you using before you used the rhuk_milkyway template?

The thing is, it's not just the template: it's all the other things added to your site that are installed when you install these other templates and, in particular, the Javascript library files that these other templates install. It's all explained in great technical detail in Mootools 1.2.4 in the Wiki. Some of the more respectable template designers do the right things by the Joomla community but there are also a few developers who don't.

So, by a process of elimination perhaps, you need to find out what it is that's causing the problem. It depends on how many plugins, modules, components that you've installed. The more of these things that you've installed, the longer it's going to take you to find out the cause of the Javascript issue that's causing the missing BBcode toolbar.

Don't forget, too, it could also be a web browser issue. If you have disabled Javascript in your web browser, guess what? You won't see the BBcode toolbar. You want to see the BBcode toolbar? Then enable Javascript in your web browser. You don't want to enable Javascript? Then you won't see the BBocde toolbar. It's your choice.
More
13 years 6 months ago #153 by rolandvg99
I had this issue as well after updating from 1.5.12 to 1.6RC2. My site has a lot of Rockettheme stuff and uses the Somaxiom template. If you have a Rockettheme and/or plugins, update all plugs to the latest version. My troubles came down to an outdated version of RokBox.
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #154 by fxstein
All,

To diagnose any java script problems I highly recommend you use Firefox and install the Firebug plugin. Then look at the java scripts that are being loaded for your site.

If you have an error like "Browser not defined" in slimbox-min.js or slimbox.js it is a clear indication that mootools 1.2.x is not being loaded.

You can also look down the list of java scripts loaded. Go to Script and click on the drop down that lists the currently shown script file - you should see the list of all that are being loaded.

There are two possible version that get loaded:

/media/system/js/mootools.js WRONG - OLD OUTDATED 1.1 VERISON

or

/plugins/system/mtupgrade/mootools.js CORRECT - 1.2.x

If in question compare the list of java scripts on your site, with the ones here at kunena.com

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by fxstein.
More
13 years 6 months ago #155 by sozzled
Thank you for those useful tips, fxstein. I have incorporated them into the Wiki article Mootools 1.2.4 .
More
13 years 6 months ago #156 by mik0392

sozzled wrote: mik0392: what template were you using before you used the rhuk_milkyway template?

RocketTheme template, www.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates/zephyr

/plugins/system/mtupgrade/mootools.js is what i have loading aswell.

I'll do what rolandvg99 did and update everything possible.
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #157 by sozzled
There are solutions for Rockettheme-related problems that have been posted earlier in this topic and elsewhere on this site.

See Template Issue with Kunena 1.6 RC2 and IE8 . I hope that helps.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 6 months ago #158 by mik0392

sozzled wrote: There are solutions for Rockettheme-related problems that have been posted earlier in this topic and elsewhere on this site.

See Template Issue with Kunena 1.6 RC2 and IE8 . I hope that helps.

That solution didnt work for me, i even turned off Smart load completely and it still didnt work.

still going through plugins for possible updates.
More
13 years 6 months ago #159 by frank huang
So great fxstein, thanks very much, as your info, i use FireFox checked my Mootools js file, i found it load the old version, so i change it to the update version, then will be ok, i can see BB Code menu now, thanks!

All, you can change your file "behavior.php", path like(i don't know if everyone is the same):
libraries\joomla\html\html\behavior.php

change
JHTML::script('mootools.js', 'media/system/js/', false);
to
JHTML::script('mootools.js', 'plugins/system/mtupgrade/', false);

then refresh the page, to see if you can find the BB Code menu B)
More
13 years 6 months ago #160 by mik0392

frank huang wrote: All, you can change your file "behavior.php", path like(i don't know if everyone is the same):
libraries\joomla\html\html\behavior.php

change
JHTML::script('mootools.js', 'media/system/js/', false);
to
JHTML::script('mootools.js', 'plugins/system/mtupgrade/', false);

then refresh the page, to see if you can find the BB Code menu B)

That method above did not fix my problem.

The following are the steps i am taking to replicate the error on a new test site.
  • Create new subdomain, new database
  • download latest joomla from joomla.org and installed.
  • download latest and installed K1.6 RC2 - BBcode menu works.
  • download and instInstalled Rocket theme template Zephyr - BBcode menu works
  • Installed Latest Community Builder - BBcode menu works
  • Installed Latest JCE - BBcode menu works
  • Installed Argent Dark template
  • Updated K1.6 Configuration to the same as my current live settings - BBcode menu works
  • Edit rockettheme template settings to same as live settings - BBcode menu works.

After doing those steps to make it exactly like my current site, it was still working, though there is just one other step i did differantly.

So here's attempt 2.
  • Create new subdomain, new database
  • Download RocketTheme template "ROCKETLAUNCER"
  • install joomla+template using RocketLauncher
  • Install K1.6 RC2 - bbcode menu does work
  • Install Community Builder and JCE - still works
  • Install Argent Dark template
  • Made K1.6RC2 and RocketTheme template config settings same as live website - bbcode menu words

After that I started going through every component, plugin, module and template to see if there are any version differances, and there was none.

Still live site does not have a bbcode menu, but my test does. I'll come back when ive found something else.
Time to create page: 0.482 seconds