Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Making forums read-only

More
13 years 8 months ago #11 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Making forums read-only
You could do that. If I were in your position, I would set all categories to "Review Posts = Yes" all the time. That way it doesn't matter.

If your users post something "inappropriate" while your moderators are on duty, they can intercept the messages, no approve them, and you've attended to the matter. If your moderators are not on duty, any overnight messages will be waiting there for your moderators to review when they're back again. Easy.

In hindsight, I wish I hadn't mentioned anything about cronjobs (as far as this particular issue is concerned).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #12 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Making forums read-only
Yes, I agree with Sozzled that cron jobs is not a good way to deal with this. Sleeping overnight brought a few issues into my mind:

1) what is no moderators are present during daytime?
2) what if conversation breaks because of it's 12PM, not because there are no moderators online?
3) forum gets totally closed when it's put offline -- you cannot even read the messages
etc..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds