Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question size72 avatars does not exist while size200 avatar does

More
11 years 10 months ago #11 by Matias
Two quick questions:

1) are all the avatars working in Kunena? If not, where?
2) are you trying to display avatars somewhere else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #12 by sozzled
There is nothing posted on the forum at the user's website, as far as I can tell, and therefore I have no idea what he's talking about!

The following image shows the standard folders that should be installed with K 1.7 in your ../media folder:

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #13 by contender
1) The kunena profile avatar (size200) usually works within kunena, sometimes not.
Your profile avatar on the head of the forum page (size72) almost never works.

2) I am using the size72 avatars within Jreviews, but it calls from the /media/kunena/avatars/resized/
folder
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by contender.

More
11 years 10 months ago #14 by sozzled
If you don't have the folder structure, like I described in my earlier post, uninstall Kunena then re-install it again (you won't lose any messages posted on your forum). I hope that helps.

More
11 years 10 months ago #15 by Matias
You should use this instead:
Code:
$avatarURL = KunenaFactory::getUser()->getAvatarURL(72);

But before that you should check Kunena version:
docs.kunena.org/index.php/Detecting_Kunena_Version

That should create the avatar image of size 72 (you can have whatever size you want to).

I'm not sure why avatars are not generated inside Kunena -- do you have modified version of our template?

More
11 years 10 months ago #16 by contender
Sozzled, my folder structure is exactly the way you have it shown

Matias wrote: You should use this instead:

Code:

But before that you should check Kunena version:
docs.kunena.org/index.php/Detecting_Kunena_Version

That should create the avatar image of size 72 (you can have whatever size you want to).

I'm not sure why avatars are not generated inside Kunena -- do you have modified version of our template?

the only modification I did to Kunena:
/components/com_kunena/template/default/loginbox/login.php
removed lines 34 to 75 and replaced it with a login from JFBConnect

in administrator/components/com_kunena/kunena.xml
Code:
<extension type="component" version="1.6" method="upgrade"> <name>com_kunena</name> <version>1.7.2</version>

I know I started with a 1.7.2 installation.

Where would I use?
Code:

thank you so much for the help!

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #17 by Matias
I believe that the problem is in your change; you cannot take avatars directly from the server; you need to use our API instead. If you have above line (fetching avatar), you can just replace ing src with $avatarURL.

PS. In Kunena 2.0 you can write a simple plugin which does the same as you're trying to do.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Matias.

More
11 years 10 months ago #18 by contender
I do not believe the issue lies in my change because sometimes both size72 and size200 avatars are created and displayed, sometimes only either one, or sometimes niether.

Also, all size36 avatars within the userlist are always displayed correctly.

More
11 years 10 months ago #19 by Matias
That's really odd as the images get created on the fly when they are requested by the api call. And there's nothing special in creating different sizes -- they are running the same code.

Can you provide the code you changed? (use code tag)

More
11 years 10 months ago #20 by contender
/components/com_kunena/template/default/loginbox/login.php
Code:
<?php if ($login) : ?> <form action="<?php echo KunenaRoute::_(KUNENA_LIVEURLREL) ?>" method="post" name="login"> <div class="input"> <span> <?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_A_USERNAME'); ?> <input type="text" name="<?php echo $login['field_username']; ?>" class="inputbox ks" alt="username" size="18" /> </span> <span> <?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_PASS'); ?> <input type="password" name="<?php echo $login['field_password']; ?>" class="inputbox ks" size="18" alt="password" /></span> <span> <?php if(JPluginHelper::isEnabled('system', 'remember')) : ?> <?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_LOGIN_REMEMBER_ME'); ?> <input type="checkbox" name="remember" alt="" value="yes" /> <?php endif; ?> <input type="submit" name="submit" class="kbutton" value="<?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_PROFILEBOX_LOGIN'); ?>" /> <input type="hidden" name="option" value="<?php echo $login['option']; ?>" /> <?php if (!empty($login['view'])) : ?> <input type="hidden" name="view" value="<?php echo $login['view']; ?>" /> <?php endif; ?> <input type="hidden" name="task" value="<?php echo $login['task']; ?>" /> <input type="hidden" name="<?php echo $login['field_return']; ?>" value="<?php echo $return; ?>" /> <?php echo JHTML::_ ( 'form.token' ); ?> </span> </div> <div class="klink-block"> <span class="kprofilebox-pass"> <?php echo CKunenaLogin::getLostPasswordLink (); ?> </span> <span class="kprofilebox-user"> <?php echo CKunenaLogin::getLostUserLink ();?> </span> <?php $registration = CKunenaLogin::getRegisterLink (); if ($registration) : ?> <span class="kprofilebox-register"> <?php echo $registration ?> </span> <?php endif; ?> </div> </form> <?php endif; ?>

removed and replaced with a JFBConnect login easy-tag

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds