Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged Forum transfer (not a merge): from J! 1.5 to J! 2.5 - SP Upgrade

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #11 by cslane
Thanks in advance for any help you can give. I migrated to J2.5 using SPupgrade. All my kunena tables appear to be ok in the new database. I installed 1.7.2 in J2.5. Since I had 1.7.2 on my Joomla 1.5 site, I thought my posts and tables would show after migration, but it appears to have been treated like a clean installation. I acknowledge not doing enough research before migrating. Am I stuck now? Or, is there are way I can keep my categories and posts?
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic merged; change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12 by Matias
SPUpgrade doesn't import anything else than plain Joomla. Everything else you need to do by hand -- or use JUpgrade instead, which imports Kunena.

More
11 years 9 months ago #13 by Tomservo
Very interested in what changes are on the way for this topic as I'm looking to do the same upgrade in the coming weeks and need a well defined "plan of attack". If jupgrade migrates Kunena then I'm obviously looking at that option first. Just looks like it will take me a weekend set aside for the aftermath of the rest of the migration process. :)

More
11 years 8 months ago #14 by kross76
I'm trying to follow these instructions with K1.7.2 -- as a test conversion. I keep getting an error message "500 - An error has occurred. Another menu item has the same alias in Root. Root is the top level parent" (see attached). I have made sure (I think) I've deleted any Kunena menu items. I've tried clean install, etc. Any sense for what this error really is?

Attachments:

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #15 by sozzled
*** This is off-topic ***

When you receive the error message "500 - An error has occurred. Another menu item has the same alias in Root. Root is the top level parent" it means exactly that. Another menu item exists with an alias name that is identical to the alias name of one of the Kunena menu items. Change the existing one to use a different alias name, then install the Kunena menu, then change things around again.

Simple if you understand how the Joomla menu system works. The problem is, most people don't understand how the Joomla menu system works. See How do I restore my Kunena menu?

This problem has nothing to do with using SP Upgrade.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds