Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Editing User Profile

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by rgblogs
Editing User Profile was created by rgblogs
Hello

I am using Joomla 1.7.3 with latest version of Kunena

I have two questions:

1. Is there any way to prevent users to edit their username?
2. There is a plugin User Profile. Can users edit these fields through Kunena Profile?

I have no signature :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Editing User Profile
(1) As far as Kunena is concerned: Forum Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Allow Username Changes = No

(2) As far as Kunena is concerned, I don't understand the question about a User Profile plugin. What plugin is this? Who wrote it and what is it used for?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #3 by rgblogs
Replied by rgblogs on topic Re: Editing User Profile

sozzled wrote: (2) As far as Kunena is concerned, I don't understand the question about a User Profile plugin. What plugin is this? Who wrote it and what is it used for?

Kunena doesn't have its own registration form, so it uses default Joomla or Community Builder registration and then synchronizes the users.

Now, in Joomla 1.6 and 1.7 version there is a new plugin which comes with Joomla installation by default.
docs.joomla.org/Creating_a_profile_plugin

We can add some specific profile fields by enabling this plugin on joomla registration page.

Kunena Profile has User Account tab in edit profile which can include above fields and synchronized with User Profile Plugin.

I have no signature :)
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by rgblogs.

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Editing User Profile
Thank you for explaining what you mean. I understand that it has always been possible (in all versions of Joomla) to create custom Joomla user profile fields. To answer your original question, as far as Kunena is concerned, you can change some data (e.g. username, password, time zone) but you cannot cannot update custom Joomla user information without changing the Kunena user profile editor. It is beyond the scope of this forum to go into details about how to change the Kunena user profile editor source code to handle hypothetically possible extensions to Joomla core user data as the result of writing your own plugin that extends that data.

The short answer to Q2 is no.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #5 by angeldonovan
Hi there,

As you probably know in order to use rel="author" and get shown in search engines you need to add a link to a google plus profile from your profile.

Which template should I edit (or where do i find the file to modify) to change say the MySpace (or other) link to a Google+ link?

Thanks.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by angeldonovan.

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Google+ link on Profile
*** Topics merged ***

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by angeldonovan
Any information on where the template is?

I have not got JomSocial or Community and have no need for those services.

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by Jiminimonka

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9 by angeldonovan
Unfortunately I don't want a google+1 button - I want to enable rel="author" on a profile. I'm at the point where i'm looking at community builder and jomsocial as alternatives because I can't find the answer to modifying the kunena profile.

If anyone can let me know where to edit a template for the profile - specifically the social buttons. I would very much appreciate it.

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds