- Posts: 73
- Thank you received: 3
Question Editing User Profile
I am using Joomla 1.7.3 with latest version of Kunena
I have two questions:
1. Is there any way to prevent users to edit their username?
2. There is a plugin User Profile. Can users edit these fields through Kunena Profile?
I have no signature
(1) As far as Kunena is concerned: Forum Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Allow Username Changes = No
(2) As far as Kunena is concerned, I don't understand the question about a User Profile plugin. What plugin is this? Who wrote it and what is it used for?
Kunena doesn't have its own registration form, so it uses default Joomla or Community Builder registration and then synchronizes the users.
Now, in Joomla 1.6 and 1.7 version there is a new plugin which comes with Joomla installation by default.
We can add some specific profile fields by enabling this plugin on joomla registration page.
Kunena Profile has User Account tab in edit profile which can include above fields and synchronized with User Profile Plugin.
I have no signature
Thank you for explaining what you mean. I understand that it has always been possible (in all versions of Joomla) to create custom Joomla user profile fields. To answer your original question, as far as Kunena is concerned, you can change some data (e.g. username, password, time zone) but you cannot cannot update custom Joomla user information without changing the Kunena user profile editor. It is beyond the scope of this forum to go into details about how to change the Kunena user profile editor source code to handle hypothetically possible extensions to Joomla core user data as the result of writing your own plugin that extends that data.
The short answer to Q2 is no.
As you probably know in order to use rel="author" and get shown in search engines you need to add a link to a google plus profile from your profile.
Which template should I edit (or where do i find the file to modify) to change say the MySpace (or other) link to a Google+ link?
Unfortunately I don't want a google+1 button - I want to enable rel="author" on a profile. I'm at the point where i'm looking at community builder and jomsocial as alternatives because I can't find the answer to modifying the kunena profile.
If anyone can let me know where to edit a template for the profile - specifically the social buttons. I would very much appreciate it.
- Not Allowed: to create new topic.
- Not Allowed: to reply.
- Not Allowed: to add attachements.
- Not Allowed: to edit your message.