Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Notice: trying to get property of non-object ../components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.login.php on line 24

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by wingnut144
I recently installed Joomla 1.7 (to use as a company intranet) and would like to use Kunena as well.

I downloaded the most recent Kunena package and installed it, and was successful in that regard. But when I click on my forum menu item, which goes to a Category Index menu item type, and I have the Parent Category ID set to the main forum.

Nothing happens.......what am I missing????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, wingnut. I've merged your topic with one that I think answers your question. I hope this helps.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by wingnut144
Sozzled,

I changed the menu type this morning, I set it to menu type: entry page and Default Menu Item now shows --index

When I click on the 'forum' menu item, the URL changes to show the menu item alias of 2011-12-19-22-25-01, but nothing else shows, the categories I've added aren't appearing......

Did I misread your reply on how to resolve my issue??

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
If the url changes to show the URL of "2011-12-19-22-25-01" then change the menu item alias. But when you say the categories you've added aren't appearing, maybe that's a security issue with the way you setup your categories? When you first installed Kunena did you see the sample "Welcome Mat" topic?

I realise that your site is hidden behind an intranet firewall, and that will make it a little more difficult for us to help but, even so, the approach with the menu is still the same. Use the trash-burn-rebuild approach that we've talked about so often: see How do I restore my Kunena menu? and then change the entry page to "Index". I hope that helps.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by wingnut144
Well, the Kunena menu is installed......and when I look at the menus that are in Joomla, I see:

I tried to use the URL that is in the Kunena menu and has a alias of 'forum', which shows: index.php?option=com_kunena&view=entrypage&defaultmenu=142

So, http://comboiwb03/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=entrypage&defaultmenu=142

I get:

But if I click on any of the links in the forum, I'm taken back to:

Any ideas on what may be going on? I totally uninstalled Kunena, and reinstalled it..... I did notice there was a error at the top of the page for the 2nd image.......not sure if that helps or not.....
Attachments:

More
12 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
I have created a new topic for your issue.

You have a problem when you login and that's what you have to fix first.

It would help if you showed your Kunena configuration report.

I think you need also need to refer to the advice in the FAQs page (see the menu link above this forum) for How do I restore my Kunena menu?

More
12 years 4 months ago #7 by wingnut144
If I log in through the main page, I'm fine, I don't see an error.....I'm using LDAP integration through JMapMyLDAP, and it seems to work fine....

Ok, here is the config report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 4M

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled
There is always the occasional issue involving IIS-based servers and LDAP but, from what I've seen at the Joomla forum, people seem to have overcome them well enough. IIS handles SEO a little differently (e.g. you use htaccess.cfg instead of .htaccess) and that's something you might need to look at.

Obviously, because we cannot login to your site (because it's behind a corporate/intranet firewall) we can only point you in the general direction about how to resolve your issues. I would say that if you put your site on the Internet (on an Apache web server) you probably wouldn't have the problems that you're currently having. But we're only hypothesising here ( Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) has more to say about those things).

Therefore, I can only repeat the advice I've given to you earlier in this topic and wish you good luck.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #9 by Mortti
Can you do quikly "copy" (copy of it) of that and give rights to Michael/sozzled to look about that if he found something?

More
12 years 4 months ago #10 by sozzled
We think that a better solution might be to discount LDAP login and try, first, to see if basic Joomla login works. That's about the only variable that we can't exclude at this time.

I don't want to see a copy of the site. I don't have the necessary gear to reproduce IIS server, LDAP, etc.

Time to create page: 0.603 seconds