Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question How can I allow moderators to change user ranks?

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #1 by Ashkari
Hi there,

I am pretty new to this material so forgive me if what I am asking here is either impossible or plain simple.

First of all I am using Kunena v. 1.7.1, what I am trying to achive is the following:

I want the moderators of my Forum to be able to use the backend, to modify user ranks and synchronize them, but still unable to see areas hidden for their rank.

My problem here is, when I enable the usage of backend for their usergroup, they automatically gain administrator rights, which enables them to see hidden areas!

Is there any to solve this?

Thank you

Ashkari
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Ashkari.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Ashkari, and welcome to Kunena.

Yes, you are quite right: in order to use the Ranks Management feature in K 1.7.1 you need to have backend access. I can see how this could be a problem.

The problem cannot be solved in J! 1.5 but it can be addressed with Joomla ACLs in J! 1.7.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds