Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Require Approval for all New Users Before Posting?

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by MGJohnson
Is it possible to set things up so that all new users need approval from Admin proir to being allowed to post anything? Can I set it up so that every new member requires approval prior to accepting their registration? If so, how do I go about doing this? Basically I want to be able to select who is allowed to register on a case-by-case basis. Thanks...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, MGJohnson, and welcome to Kunena.

MGJohnson wrote: Is it possible to set things up so that all new users need approval from Admin prior to being allowed to post anything?

This is covered by the Review Posts setting in the Category Configuration. See Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups for more information.

MGJohnson wrote: Can I set it up so that every new member requires approval prior to accepting their registration?

That's not really possible. For a "member" to post on the forum, they have to be registered. It's kind of a "catch 22" situation. Someone is either a member or someone is a visitor.

MGJohnson wrote: I want to be able to select who is allowed to register on a case-by-case basis.

See the FAQ How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website? User registration is not handled by Kunena; it's handled by Joomla or a third-party extension (like JomSocial or Community Builder, for example) which may allow you to vet user registrations on a case-by-case basis. Standard Joomla registration works on an all-or-nothing principle. Either no-one can register or anyone can register and the registration procedure is automatic. Other extensions allow you, as the site administrator, to accept or refuse applications to register.

I hope this helps.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds