Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Category Icons Keep Disappearing

More
12 years 7 months ago #11 by AndyInSpain
OK guys, I've reset the forums configuration and the category icons have reappeared. So I will wait to see whether they disappear again in a few days, as they have been doing, but I am optimistic that the issue, whatever its cause was, has been solved.

I am very grateful for your help, as always, and thanks again for this fantastic forums software.

Kind regards

Andy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #12 by AndyInSpain
Hi guys,

Well, the category icons have disappeared again.....but this time I know what the problem is.

I don't know why I didn't connect the two before, but the fact remains that the category icons are disappearing after I have made changes to kunena.forum.css and minified it at refresh-sf.com/yui/.

I have tested this with a couple of templates and the same thing happens. I change the CSS and minify the CSS. All works fine - the changes to the CSS work OK and the category icons are still there. Then, within two days, the category icons disappear. It was fairly obvious that something was corrupting the CSS, and I believe that refresh-sf.com/yui/ is the culprit, because by process of elimination there is no other possibility.

Now I will reset the forum configuration, make the changes to the CSS and find another "minifying" service instead....and I will let you know what happens.

Incidentally, may I make a request for the default font size in the Compose, Reply and Quick Reply boxes to be made bigger, or configurable from the backend config options? It's far too small, especially on high-res monitors. This is why I've had to keep changing the forums CSS - I set it to 1.25em and it's a lot better. It should be configurable, in any event, for partially-sighted people. We have somebody like that as a member, and she really struggles with the default size.

Many thanks

Andy.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by AndyInSpain.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #13 by KiberLovag
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem... today night I will try to restore default conf again, after I just did it, and still no icons... :(

Bytheway, could you tell me the exact place where to modify the default font size of those fields, that is exactly the same thing why I should edit css, and run to this problem, except that I just only edit it from backend...

KiberLovag
Ócsa, Hungary
:)

Ps.: And I forgat this forum is the target: www.ocsaimamik.hu/index.php/forum/index

KiberLovag
Ócsa, Hungary
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by KiberLovag.

More
12 years 6 months ago #14 by KiberLovag
Hi there,

I have just downloadad the css dir of the default tamplate (I'm using that), to be sure not to mess up anything on the server, so, whatever css I open and look for "folder_nonew.png" the route is "../images/icons/folder_nonew.png", and other icons are also origin from there... checking on FTP it seems fine, those files are there...

I still have this site in a developer version on an other server with different database (almost empty forum), but designed as same, there those icons are fine... I have just replaced all the css on the normal site from the developer site, but still nothing...

any ideas?

KiberLovag
Ócsa, Hungary

More
12 years 6 months ago #15 by AndyInSpain
Hi Kiberlovag,

Well, I am totally confused about this issue. Resetting my config did nothing, although it worked the first time. I cannot really waste much more time trying to resolve this, so what I am going to do is to completely reinstall Kunena to see if that fixes it permanently.

Incidentally, as regards the default font size, see my thread here for full instructions on changing both the Reply and Quick Reply boxes:

www.kunena.org/forum/171-k-16-and-k-17-t...-font-size-in-editor

I really wish you luck with getting your category icons back.

Kind regards

Andy
The following user(s) said Thank You: KiberLovag

More
12 years 6 months ago #16 by KiberLovag
Another plus information inspecting page in google chrome I have find six errors, so I have just figured out, that the problem is, that the generated page tries to call those missing images with wrong path like: ""../images/icons/who_is_online.png"" these path certanly frome css

so something badly corrupted with those css, probably some char-set or so, tought...

double checked on the developer version, there no errors, and those pathways look fine without those " parts (I know what that means, but I don't know why is it hardcoded in the css...)

I have no ide why replacing those css files with originals not working... so I checked and converted them from ANSI to UTF8, rewriteing again, and nothing...

than deleted the corresponding css folder from the server, when no user was inspecting the site (new site and launchtime here), refressed, so it was a strange view :)... after that uploading the whole css folder again, and tadaaaam, icons are there... :ohmy:

any suggestions? :blink:

KiberLovag
Ócsa, Hungary

More
12 years 5 months ago #17 by RCheesley
Not sure if this helps but I had two problems occuring:

1. The kunena.forum-min.css file had permissions of 555 - needs changing to 644
2. All quote marks in this file were " - needed replacing with "

Once I fixed these two problems, my images were restored. How they ended up like this is anyone's guess!

Ruth
The following user(s) said Thank You: MoJo_Fear

More
12 years 5 months ago #18 by AndyInSpain
Well here's my guess Ruth: refresh-sf.com/yui/

I am sure that is how the CSS is being corrupted. I wonder if anybody can confirm this.

Thanks for the info Ruth!

Andy.

More
12 years 5 months ago #19 by RCheesley
No idea what that means Andy, but setting the permissions then doing a search/replace for the quote marks resolved it for me!

Ruth

More
12 years 5 months ago #20 by AndyInSpain
Oh, sorry Ruth, this was what I mentioned a few posts back.

www.refresh-sf.com/yui/ is the online service for minifying CSS files. I have (or had) a strong suspicion that the CSS is becoming corrupted by using it to minify the CSS after editing. If you haven't used it to minify your CSS files then the problem is obviously not happening there!

Cheers

Andy

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds