Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged [Merged Topic] Disable Registration and Login

More
12 years 7 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #1 by gamin55
Facebook Connect - seeking to disable user registration via Kunena and only allow Facebook Connect or Twitter login
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
You can disable the login/registration forum on Kunena by using the setting:

Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration = None

I understand that there is a way for people to login to a Joomla website using Facebook and that there may be a Joomla extension on the JED that will do this job for you. There may even be a Twitter-like login; I don't know.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by gamin55
Thank you very much sozzled. I found did exactly as you said. I guess now the challenge will be to do the same within joomla. thanks!

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by shaney
Replied by shaney on topic Login/logout question
Hi to the forum, install went fine and even the default theme matches my site :woohoo: .
I have one question, can I turn off/remove the login section as I want my users to only login/out using the joomla module.

Many thanks

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
G'day, shaney, and welcome to Kunena.

See answer in msg #2 above.

More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by ajweberII66
Replied by ajweberII66 on topic Login Boxes
I have Kuena 1.7.2 (upgrade from 1.7.1) along with joomla 1.7. I want to get rid of the login boxes or area from kuena and just use the login form native to joomla. I only need one log in area for my site.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on getting rid of the login form on Kuena?

Thanks!!!

More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by baazza
Replied by baazza on topic Re: Login Boxes
Hi

You can disable Kunena login box if you want
Go to Kunena Control Panel > Forum Configuration > Integration
Login and Registration ( None )
Regards

رضيت بالله ربا وبالاسلام دينا وبمحمد صلى الله عليه وسلم رسولا
testify & witness that there is no god worthy of being worshipped other than Allah and that Mohammad is His Messenger

More
11 years 9 months ago #8 by Dhruba RC
Replied by Dhruba RC on topic Disabling Kunena log in
Hi,
I am using CB connect to let my registered users log in to my site with their Facebook or Google plus account information. I have integrated CB with Kunena. For a guest user on the forum page, the kunena log in window appears. Instead I want it to be disabled so that the only way users can log in to my site is through the CB user log in interface which is either Facebook or Google plus.

Can someone pleas assist me in this? Thank you for your time.

More
11 years 9 months ago #9 by John
Replied by John on topic Disabling Kunena log in
I think you will find your answer on this page: docs.kunena.org/index.php/How_I_can_disa..._or_whole_Profilebox

More
11 years 9 months ago #10 by Dhruba RC
Replied by Dhruba RC on topic Disabling Kunena log in
Thank you John! But this does not seem to work as profilebox/profilebox.php is no longer available. I found \components\com_kunena\template\default\loginbox\login.php but making changes there do not work either.
Any suggestions, please?

Regards,
Dhruba

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds