Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Paid site registrations vs free Kunena registrations

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #1 by gediweb
My site currently has only paid members (registrations) can I have the Kunena registrations register for free accounts?

In other words, I want 3 levels of access:

1. when someone registers on the website (paid membership) they become a registered user. I want those people to have FULL access to the forum.

2. The people that register for Kunena, will be free,they will have access to select topics.

3. The non registered users will have access to fewer topics.

How do I go about doing this?
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by gediweb. Reason: more info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled

gediweb wrote: ... can I have the Kunena registrations register for free accounts?

There are no Kunena registrations. There are only Joomla registrations. Please see How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?

gediweb wrote: In other words, I want 3 levels of access:

1. when someone registers on the website (paid membership) they become a registered user. I want those people to have FULL access to the forum.

2. The people that register for Kunena, will be free,they will have access to select topics.

3. The non registered users will have access to fewer topics.

How do you define "paid membership" now? What component do you use to assign users as "paid" members as opposed to everyone else?

There may be several approaches to tackling this issue. You may find some of the hints that I wrote in another topic useful: see Access levels in Forum .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds