Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question K 1.6 BETA 1 B3068: Object of class CKunenaConfig could not be converted to string

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #11 by Admata

MAW_Trok wrote: Catchable fatal error: Object of class CKunenaConfig could not be converted to string ...

At least two users solved very similar errors by uninstalling Kunena 1.5 modules, like latestpost. Kunena 1.5 modules and plugins are not compatible with Kunena 1.6
See this topic:
www.kunena.com/forum/158-kunena-16-test-...beta1b30682010-07-19
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Admata.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #12 by MAW_Trok
Replied by MAW_Trok on topic Re: kunena bug
yeah, sorry.. was the kunena "latest message module" in the home. I disabled it and is working good.

Thanks

More
13 years 8 months ago #13 by MAW_Trok
Is there a latestpost module for kunena 1.6?

More
13 years 8 months ago #14 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: kunena bug

MAW_Trok wrote: Is there a latestpost module for kunena 1.6?

Yes, threre is an official kunena latest module and others modules/plugins and these are made by the Kunena team especially for kunena 1.6, these will released publicly soon.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #15 by MAW_Trok
ok, but now? is there something that I can use? :-D
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by MAW_Trok.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #16 by xillibit
If you know how to use SVN you have just to get the things else you need to wait a public release.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by xillibit.

More
13 years 8 months ago #17 by MAW_Trok

More
13 years 8 months ago #18 by MAW_Trok
but I don't know where is the module, I tryed on joomla SVN and also Kunena SVN.

More
More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #20 by sozzled

Catchable fatal error: Object of class CKunenaConfig could not be converted to string in /web/htdocs/www.my_site.com/home/administrator/compo...a/libraries/user.php on line 68

To summarise: the original problem was caused by trying to use the "latest posts" module (written for K 1.5) with K 1.6; that particular "latest posts" module has been a big problem for users of K 1.5 ! It doesn't matter how many places we have written about the problems involving the "latest posts" module and K 1.5 (or even about trying to use that module and K 1.6! ) the message obviously hasn't been received or understood.

If you upgrade from K 1.5.x to K 1.6 and you were using Kunena add-ons written for K 1.5, you must remove those add-ons because they will break your K 1.6 software!

We will probably have to write this in giant letters, and repeat the same message dozens of times (because other users won't take a few seconds to search for the answer), and even if we placed this message in giant letters on the site home page I doubt that people will see it ... but there's your answer: if you're using K 1.6, don't use extensions that were written for K 1.5!

I think this is so important, I'm making this a sticky topic!

And for anyone else who comes into this discussion with " I have the same problem ... " please try the same solution as MAW_Trok: remove the old K 1.5 "latest posts" module first!
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds