Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged Change order of Cancel and Submit buttons

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by Baze
Hi guys,

i want to change the order of the submit and cancel buttons under each message (this way it's kinda awkward), so i've found out that for the new topic the code is in template/template_name/editor/form.php and i've changed it so that submit button is first and cancel is second, but i can't find the right file for the quick reply buttons, where are they??
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Merged from several discussion; changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by @quila
Hi Baze,

you can find these buttons in the file

components / com_kunena / template / default / view / message.content.php

line 45 and 46

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Admata, Baze

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by sozzled
This is pretty amazing! :blink: K 1.6 is only in beta and we're already getting requests how to change things around! :laugh:

Just remember, if you start customising K 1.6 now (and especially while it's in beta development) you will probably have to redo all your changes again when K 1.6 is released as a stable production version. Furthermore, between now and when K 1.6 is released as a production version, there is more work going on that may affect the customisations that you make.

I agree that, sometimes, the features built into Kunena may not suit everyone or every application. If I were in the situation, described by Baze as "kinda awkward", I would try to use the tools I had in front of me before I thought about how to change them; I mean, this is almost the case of "has anyone got a left-handed hammer?" :laugh:

I've been using K 1.6 for several months - a lot has changed in that time; things are very different to K 1.5 - and it takes a bit of getting used to. But, if you use it everyday (like I do) and practise, I think you'll find that those things which seemed awkward at first weren't really that much of a fuss. B)

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by Baze
i'm aware of the job that i'll have to do probably 5-6 times, but i have to do it. i've installed 1.6 beta on a live site with almost 5000 users and i'm receiving complains all day long from people who by default click on the left button and loose their messages. The funniest was "this is the fifth time i'm writing this message, i even forgot what i wanted to say, return the god damn buttons as they were" :)

btw i'm already used to these buttons and i like them more, but sometimes you must join those which you can't beat ;)

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
Baze: We're always looking to improve the ways that Kunena is used and we welcome user feedback and suggestions about how we can do things better. Would you like to share your thoughts (perhaps with a screenshot to illustrate the difficulties that you seem to be facing) and we'll consider those ideas for a future release?

Thanks.

More
13 years 9 months ago #6 by Baze
I'll pass anything i'm going to ran into, so far the users had problem only with the change of the buttons. By default in all previous versions (i'm using fireboard since the start of the forum which was back in 2007/8) the send button was on the left, and the cancel was on the right. So it's default action, you expect the send button to be on the left and you just click it even thou it says cancel :)

As i said before, it's not a problem for me personally i got used to it the first day, i don't know how did the others (users from other websites) reacted but on my site it was an issue so i had to change it. Dunno, maybe it's bikers thing.. :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #7 by sozzled
Would you like to give us a screenshot of K 1.6 that shows where you think we could improve the user interface/button layout, please?

More
13 years 9 months ago #8 by Baze
Well, i think something should be done with the smilies, i have added several animated smilies and they take too much space, so either "more smilies" under the defaults which will expand the box, or they should be moved beneath the message box.

Attachments:

More
13 years 9 months ago #9 by Baze
Also the image insertion into messages:

You have to click Add File, browse for the file, click ok on the dialog box, and then again click on Insert.

Can't we exclude the "Insert" button? I think it would be easier for the users if they just click on "add file", and ok on the dialog box and the string
Code:
[attachment=3344]image-insert.jpg[/attachment]
will appear into the message box.
Attachments:

More
13 years 9 months ago #10 by Admata

Baze wrote: By default in all previous versions (i'm using fireboard since the start of the forum which was back in 2007/8) the send button was on the left, and the cancel was on the right. So it's default action, you expect the send button to be on the left and you just click it even thou it says cancel :)

I agree and I think this is important issue! People read from left to right and therefore primary most used function should be on left. I don´t know any other forum that offers the cancelation first. And since 'Send' used to be where 'Cancel' is now, users will make mistakes and annoyance is unavoidable.

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds