Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Deleting post problem

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #1 by profesionalas
Hello, when You write post and add an attachment (picture) it writes to /public_html/media/kunena/attachments/62 (users id), but when I delete this post, picture doeas not delete from server where it was writen /public_html/media/kunena/attachments/62 (users id). It's very bad thing because it requare space for unused attachemnts when you delete it.
Another bad thing that when you delete post its ok nothing happens but when you click permanently delete, you redirecting to category view, and if you want to delete permanentely another post you need to finde again it... It would be great that when you delete permanetely system would redirect to last post near deleted post.
It would be great that in moderate panel would be function PRUNE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Deleting post problem
Hello,

The files permissions allow them to be deleted ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Deleting post problem
When you delete a message (or a topic) you do not actually remove anything from the server in K 1.6. The message is still in the message table in the database and the attachments are still on the server.

When you permanently delete a message or a topic, then you physically remove things. Does this help?

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #4 by profesionalas
Very uncomfortable this way, it would be great that kunena it do automaticaly.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #5 by sozzled
I may not have explained it very well. Let me try again.

When you press the "delete" button (post or topic), you don't actually delete anything. After you have "deleted" a post or topic you can then "permanently delete" a post or topic. It's just another button.

When you permanently delete a post or topic then all the attachments should be automatically deleted, too. Have you tested this to see if I'm right?

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #6 by profesionalas
"When you permanently delete a post or topic then all the attachments should be automatically deleted, too."
When I permanently delete a post or topic attachments stay in server folder /public_html/media/kunena/attachments/users id
I have tested it twise

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #7 by sozzled
Thank you for your reply. Evidently, it seems that when you delete messages the attachments remain on the server until you go back and delete them later. I agree with you that this is a bit clumsy. However, that's the way that things currently work.

The good news (I suppose) is that the messages are deleted and so there is little likelihood that the attachments will ever be seen again (except by the administrator in the backend).

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #8 by profesionalas
But time after time in server will accumulate trash, I suggest to solve this problem in future kunena versions.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #9 by sozzled
If you would like to contribute, financially, to the project then we might be able to speed up this idea. What do you think? :)

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #10 by profesionalas
OK

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds