Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Who is online?. The forum don't know the anwser of this question...

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #21 by @quila
Yes, right question sozzled. Answer is that problem is localized and fixed in our trunk for next release. Problem was in time zone detection from server. I think that exsplain all ;)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by @quila.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #22 by tokyotenshi

@quila wrote:
Hi tokyotenshi, thanks for your effort.

I have dubt that this is solution for problem discussed here. Php class/function you have mention just load one or other template file in some place.

With change you have done, in the who page (page after you click to link "Who is online" on plugins header) you load whoisonline page and not right page should be displayed. Also if seems to solve problem, issue are still there.

Can you show as your site where this is implement and provide as also test account to see in live what you have done. Thanks.

Hi @quila,

What you said did cross my mind.. it couldn't be just that one php class/function that solves the problem. But I've been wondering how come this forum here has the who is online working (on the front page) even though you are using different build (if i'm not mistaken) but not on both of my sites? But when I clicked on users list, it still detects the users? At first I thought it might be a glitch or problem with other extensions I've installed, but even on fresh new test site, without any other extensions, it's still the same, Thought it could be my browser, but tested on firefox & IE8 and still the same.

While checking the plugin folder, I noticed these two things:

In who.php

Code:
// Dont allow direct linking defined( '_JEXEC' ) or die(); // FIXME: get rid of this page if ($this->config->showwhoisonline) { $users=$this->getUsersList();

And then in whoisonline.php

Code:
<?php //FIXME: remove link to who.php page $who_online = JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_WHOIS_ONLINE'); if (CKunenaTools::isModerator($this->my->id)) { echo CKunenaLink::GetWhoIsOnlineLink($who_online,''); } else { echo '<span class="ktitle km">'.$who_online.'</span>'; } ?>

It's because of the //FIXME note that made me check every php files in search for a link to who.php and found it in the lib's whoisonline.php file. At first I tried deleting who.php (as noted in who.php file) but it gave me error and wouldn't load users at all so I tried to change the link to whoisonline.php and it worked. I tested on the test site, it worked too. I'm not sure if it's just a problem for me alone, or that the beta1 b3068 missed out the link but it did work for me by changing that.

I also had problem with the file loading kunena.forum-min.css. No matter what I changed in kunena.forum.css, it would still load the min. I found your answer in another thread about renaming or deleting kunena.forum-min.css to load kunena.forum.css but I got php errors, saying it could not find the min version. So I had to change all links in initialize.php that directed to the min version to the normal css, then only it worked. Well, that is before I learned about the compression stuff lol. That's why for this case, I thought changing the link would help.

Here is my 'normal' site. . I'll also provide screenshots because I'm bored, and need something to do, haha. And in case somehow you don't see what I see :blink:
mygleeworld.seventh-angel.net

This one has CB integration & also testing out Agora, plus AlphaUserPoints.. using custom Joomla template, default kunena template and this site has the fixed version of who is online part.

Screenshot:

Here is my test site
joomla.kirameki-angel.net

This one only has kunena forum installed, using default joomla template & default kunena template, and does not have my fix so it still shows no user online in front page (but I have tested with the fixed file and it worked).

Screenshot:

If you need to login to test, you can use 'demo' for both username and password. But in case anyone else have the same problem, and just by changing the php line would help, hope my finding would give some light :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by tokyotenshi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 2.230 seconds