Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged User registration and/or general login issues

More
10 years 7 months ago #141 by sozzled
*** Topics merged by moderator ***

K 2.0.2 is not supported and we do not answer questions about unsupported versions of Kunena in this forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #142 by webtomix
When a new user is trying to create an account, they get the error Empty solution not allowed. I haven't been able to find any information on this error.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_fresco | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #143 by Jiminimonka
Login is handled entirely by Joomla, not Kunena. Please refer to Joomla documentation and the Joomla.org website for information about User Login and Registration issues.

Also, looking at your site it appears that you have Paid for Membership, so contact the developer of whatever component is responsible for that with login/registration issues.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Jiminimonka.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #144 by friday shoes
I have a module in the top position on my site (it contains a few social icons). In the module assignment settings I've set it to appear on all pages except the Kunena family of pages.

This works well when I view any of the following Kunena pages:

Index (Alias: index)
Recent Topics (Alias: recent)
New Topic (Alias: newtopic)
No Replies (Alias: noreplies)
My Topics (Alias: mylatest)
Profile (Alias: profile)
Help (Alias: help)
Search (Alias: search)

However on the Kunena forum registration page the social module appears and consequently affects the postion of the kunena registration page.

I can find no option in the module assignment settings for the Kunena registration page so that I can add it to the exception list above.

Any ideas or pointers would be appreciated

Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by friday shoes.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #145 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

We have a standard answer to these kinds of questions.

One of the most important things, that many people fail to understand, is that, unlike free-standing web-based discussion forums, there is no "forum registration" procedure that users are required to do. Kunena is a Joomla component. In other words, in order for your users to use the Joomla components that you have installed on your Joomla website, your users have to go through whatever Joomla user registration procedure that you have setup for your users; populating the Kunena user profiles is performed automatically after that.

So, while Kunena has its own database table that holds extra information about the forum users, there is no such thing as a Kunena "user registration procedure" per se that is independent of the site registration procedure. There is no such thing as a Kunena "registration page" page - there is only the "registration page" page created by the Joomla component that handles site registration.

It is very important to realise the distinction.

On the one hand, free-standing forums (e.g. phpBB, SMF, punBB, etc.) all have their own forum registration procedures that operate independently of other components that people may have installed on their websites (and that's one of the reasons that makes them more complicated if people want to use them with Joomla). On the other hand Kunena does not have a separate forum registration procedure. I do not know how many times we have tried to get this message across but people still think that there's some kind of "forum registration" when there isn't one. People still confuse forum registration with site registration and Kunena is not responsible for site registration nor with issues arising from site registration.

Perhaps msg #2 of this topic may make this point clearer.

So that's why your topic has been merged here, together with many other questions asked on this forum over time, on the subject of "forum registration" problems.

We know nothing about the "module" you are using or whether this "module" works in Joomla or how this "module" interacts with Joomla or with Kunena. I'm sorry but, in this matter, we can't really assist you. My personal advice is to stick with good old, no-frills Joomla user registration and you probably won't have any problems; however, you use whatever you choose to use because it's your site, not mine, after all.

Cheers and good luck.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 7 months ago #146 by anate
How to change the account activation email format? I would like to insert a BLANK line between these two lines.
Here is the format. Thank you for your help.

Thank you for registering at Web Site. Your account is created and must be verified before you can use it.
[insert blank line here]
To verify the account click on the following link or copy-paste it in your browser:

More
10 years 7 months ago #147 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

anate: Please read the message posted in this topic above you one.

More
10 years 7 months ago #148 by moliveira
How do I change the message on the activation email for Kunena 2.0.4?

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #149 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

moliveira: Your question is almost exactly the same question asked by anate yesterday. The answer is also the same.
  • Kunena is not responsible for user account registration.
  • Kunena is not responsible for sending out the emails that tell people that their accounts need to be activated before they can login.
  • Kunena is not responsible for the format, the safe delivery of, or the correctness of account activation emails.
  • Kunena is not responsible for issues relating to account registration.
  • These are Joomla matters or these are matters involving other software
If you have questions about how to change the account activation emails then please ask your questions on the Joomla forum .
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 7 months ago #150 by larrykaiser
I am curious to know if it possible to have a user logged into the forum once they log into the site so they do not have to sign in 2x.

I am going to be starting a new site next week and will be utilizing this module with the JSN Epic template.

Can the user log into the site with their user name and password and have that carry over to the forum?

Thank you
Larry

Time to create page: 1.017 seconds