Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question How do you enable mootools in Joomla 1.6?

More
12 years 11 months ago #11 by a3botes
Tx for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #12 by a3botes
Hi Xillibit

Ok i have upgraded my joomla to 1.6.1 and all is fine, but i get error when trying to login

Firefox message is:
"This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #13 by sozzled

a3botes wrote: Firefox message is:
"This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

That's only half the message. It's the first part of the message that is important and this problem has nothing to do with Mootools. Please see [Merged topic] Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address ...
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago #14 by a3botes
hi Sozzled

yes i was just adding to the post.. Xillibit said i must upgrade and i did and now getting

The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

More
12 years 11 months ago #15 by a3botes
hi im trying to rename the .htaccess file but it gives me an error message

I deleted the .txt after htaccess but there was no change at browser level.
I saw that the "." wasnt there infront of the .htaccess
tried to rename but getting...
FileOp Failure on: /home/y3botes/public_html/htaccess: Destination already exists

More
12 years 11 months ago #16 by sozzled
The subject of this topic is "How do you enable mootools in Joomla 1.6?"

The subject of this topic is not how to replace some old .htaccess file with a renamed version of htaccess.txt. the subject of this topic is not how to fix up my Joomla menus so that they work with Joomla SEO. These issues do not have anything to do with Mootools.

It looks like using J! 1.6.1 is not for you. I would suggest that you read K 1.6 Technical Requirements thoroughly. Joomla 1.6 is not for novice users, in my opinion. In my opinion, J! 1.6.1 is better suited to veteran web developers. I think you will find that will have a site running better, smoother and easier if you focus on doing thing simply. "Simply" means J! 1.5.23 and K 1.6.3 and nothing else.

It's your decision. No-one is criticising you for your decision. I'm just trying to give you the benefit of many years of experience. :)

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #17 by JuliusCash
Hi, i have the same problem. When i try to edit my profile in the forum it saves but there is no change. I have joomla 1.6.3.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : yougrids | author: Youjoomla LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 10-01-2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by JuliusCash.

More
12 years 10 months ago #18 by sozzled

More
12 years 10 months ago #19 by JuliusCash
Joomla run very good on my website. I don't really understrand why i need to read the support for " PC-hosted websites "..

More
12 years 10 months ago #20 by sozzled
If Joomla runs well on your PC-based site you don't need our help. If Joomla doesn't run well on your PC-based site we can't help you anyway. That's what Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) is all about.

On your site, for example, you cannot use Joomla SEO, can you? Have you considered the possibility that your problems may be caused because of the way you have improperly enabled Joomla SEO?

JuliusCash wrote:

i have the same problem

Exactly what is the "same problem" that you are having? Please read I have have the same problem ... and you will understand why I asked you that question. Because we your website is hosted only on your PC and not on the internet we can only give general advice in your case.

Perhaps the reason you cannot save profiles on your website has nothing to do with Mootools. Have you considered the possibility that it might be a directory permissions problem instead?

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds