Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged [Merged topic] J! 1.5 Time Zone Not working

More
12 years 9 months ago #21 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Incorrect posting time
I'll bet it's a daylight saving issue. J! 1.5.x doesn't know anything about DST. You need to set the server time in Global Configuration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #22 by nblit
Replied by nblit on topic Re: Incorrect posting time
yes, that was my thought as well.

I am in Israel so the timezone is GMT+2, since we are in DST i changed the timezone to DST+3. and the time still did not look right.

In any case i changed the kunena setting to display the time past rather the the date stamp.
I did not get any complaints from the customer, did it under the radar :-) so it seems to be fine for now ;-)

More
12 years 8 months ago #23 by nblit
Hi Sozzled,

I realy feel sheepish, since my joomla website uses community builder i had to resync the users in order to set the user timezone to match the system timezone.

now all the users have the same timezone and the date is displayed correctly.

Sorry for all the trouble
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matias, sozzled

More
12 years 6 months ago #24 by freespirit
Good day.

i had the forum updated to version 1.5.23
however, the clock is set wrong

this is a forum set for Sweden ( GMT+1) but now it is not that.

i also can't see the option to update the time zone.

do we need to customize some codes to make this possible?

Anyone here who can help me please.

thanks

More
12 years 6 months ago #25 by Matias
Kunena uses users time zone. There's also limitation in Joomla 1.5: it doesn't know of daylight saving or summer time.

More
12 years 6 months ago #26 by freespirit
Hello Matias

thank you for your answer

our forum is set mainly for people in Sweden so most likely there should only be one time zone.

my coder said that he can't see the option to update the timezone

do we have to change something in the codes to do that?

is there anyone who can help me do that please?

More
12 years 2 months ago #27 by dev87
Replied by dev87 on topic today is yesterday??
I'm newbie in kunena and i have a problem about time zone...

in my global site configuration: UTC +07:00, but that should the time 00:01 is today in the forums I showed yesterday

there are differences in time for 7 hours

(sorry for my english :( )
let the pictures speak :D or you can see at my forum : www.indonesianwanted.com/forum/recent.html
Warning: Spoiler!

thanks for advice :D

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled | htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : gk_musictop | author: Robert Gavick - GavickPro | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 31/06/2008

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1

More
12 years 2 months ago #28 by dev87
Replied by dev87 on topic Re: today is yesterday??
bump....

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #29 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: today is yesterday??
Please read Legacy mode in the Wiki.

Please do not remove large parts of your Kunena configuration report. You may not think that some things are important, or relevant for us to know, but if you want faster help please provide the information without us having to ask for it (or dig for it) ourselves. The longer it takes for you to provide the information, the longer it will take for us to be able to try to help you.

The only things I have figured out (that are relevant) are that you are using K 1.7.1, J! 1.5.x and you claim that you have changed the timezone settings in your Global Configuration and that you are using some really old, outdated Joomla extensions on your website (that probably don't work any more).

What is the value of Global Configuration » Server » Locale Settings » Time Zone

Do not use the Example template. Use the Blue Eagle template.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #30 by dev87
Replied by dev87 on topic Re: today is yesterday??

sozzled wrote: Please read Legacy mode in the Wiki.

Please do not remove large parts of your Kunena configuration report. You may not think that some things are important, or relevant for us to know, but if you want faster help please provide the information without us having to ask for it (or dig for it) ourselves. The longer it takes for you to provide the information, the longer it will take for us to be able to try to help you.

The only things I have figured out (that are relevant) are that you are using K 1.7.1, J! 1.5.x and you claim that you have changed the timezone settings in your Global Configuration and that you are using some really old, outdated Joomla extensions on your website (that probably don't work any more).

What is the value of Global Configuration » Server » Locale Settings » Time Zone

Do not use the Example template. Use the Blue Eagle template.

thanks for reply....:)

yes, i'm using K 1.7.1 and J! 1.5.23...and sorry if i'm not post all about configuration report in here because some reason...:D

okay, i will learn about your post and if any error again i will post in here...:)

once again, thanks for your answer mod sozzled....:)

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds