Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged [Merged topic] J! 1.5 Time Zone Not working

More
12 years 10 months ago #11 by b0n40
still no fix ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #12 by sozzled
What is it that you would like fixed?

sozzled wrote: Joomla 1.5 has no knowledge of daylight saving time (DST). DST is a "political" thing; it's not an issue related to the physical geography (longitude) of where you live or where anyone else who may be living are concerned.

You can change your timezone in your Joomla user account settings; you can also change your timezone by editing your Kunena user profile

... if you are using J! 1.5 (that is).

More
12 years 10 months ago #13 by Lili
I have to ask users to go in their kunena profile and change the time zone.

The rest is ok except Kunena and I don't know why. It doesn't follow the Joomla. So in October I will ask them to change it back.

I have 2 websites with Kunena not on the same hosting and it does the same :(

One day maybe it is gonna be fix B)

Bye bye

More
12 years 9 months ago #14 by nblit
Replied by nblit on topic Incorrect posting time
Hi all,
I have recently upgraded my Kunena install to 1.6.4, after the upgrade the posting time is off by +7 hours. the timezone offset is configured correctly in site>global configuration>server>locale settings

Below is the kunena configuration setting.

Please assist.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 24M

Joomla default template details : benzvi | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-03-10

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Discuss 1.6.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.2

More
12 years 9 months ago #15 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: Incorrect posting time
Can you confirm that posting time was accurate before the upgrade? What version were you using before?

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
12 years 9 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #16 by mmcdermott1
My users are able to set their time zone in their profile but their posts don't show correct time. For example: One user is set to mountain time (I verified this) but his posts are always an hour behind (his time). Any ideas?

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 24M

Joomla default template details : redevo_aphelion | author: Red Evolution | version: 1.1.0.7 | creationdate: 19/11/07

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.4 | UddeIm 2.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 9 months ago #17 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Time Zone Not working
To a large extent there's not a lot that you, personally, can do about this issue except to review the time zone settings in your Global Configuration. This is a J! 1.5 issue (although, I have to say, it's not very well handled in J! 1.6.3 at the moment, either).

At the risk of sounding repetitious, I would also encourage you to act on the advice we have consistently offered in the area of using J! 1.5 legacy mode. See Joomla 1.5 legacy mode and K 1.6 as one example.

Also, likewise sounding repetitious, I encourage you to act on the advice I offered in relation to correcting the present inconsistencies that you have with your Joomla menu arrangement as far as Kunena is concerned. Getting back to basics simplifies the number of problems that you are experiencing and makes problem solving a lot easier.

Of course, it's your site and the choices you've made are yours to make and we respect those things.

Check your Global Configuration timezone settings for your region (taking into account any daylight savings that might be in force at the moment).

More
12 years 9 months ago #18 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Time Zone Not working
Joomla 1.5 doesn't support summer time (or daylight saving), so people need to adjust their timezone when clocks gets moved.

More
12 years 9 months ago #19 by Matias
Joomla generally uses only site timezone -- meaning that users will generally see that timezone regardless of their own setting. So if the site is in GMT+1 but your user is in GMT+3, they will still see GMT+1.

Kunena uses users own timezone to show times. So the timezone is independent from the site and users need to adjust it by themselves. Joomla 1.6+ solves this issue by supporting daylight saving.

More
12 years 9 months ago #20 by nblit
Replied by nblit on topic Re: Incorrect posting time
yes it was working properly, now it is one hour off, changing the timezone in joomla configuration.php did not help

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds