Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged "This webpage has a redirect loop"

More
13 years 1 month ago #351 by sozzled

nyabynghi wrote: Am i missing something?

Yes, you probably are missing something. Can you please post your updated K 1.6 configuration report?

We might need to look deeper into this matter, if you are agreeable. Could you please send to me, by PM, details of your administrator account (username/password) and I'll investigate this for you. Thanks. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #352 by nyabynghi
Hey sozzled! I think i got it. I continued to look into it, but more on the SH404SEF side of things, since you pointed me in the direction of SEO. Anyway, it has a purge URLs feature which i used. I think that did the trick, maybe it was using a cached url which kept throwing the same error. I will continue tinkering and will let you know if I run into difficulties. You do an awesome job here.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #353 by [email protected]
Hi there,

I have a strange problem with Kunena 1.6.3 and Joomla 1.5.22 on my web site www.borntogolf.it . With Friendly URL activate forum don't works

Friendly URL per i motori di ricerca Si
Utilizza mod_rewrite Si
Aggiungi il suffisso agli URL Si

the strange think is that on my other site www.ilgolfseitu.it with same caonfiguration all things works as well. The only difference is that on www.ilgolfseitu.it web I have 1.5.20 Joomla release

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : yoo_pure | author: YOOtheme | version: 5.5.6 | creationdate: March 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Could you tell me something ?
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Reveal K 1.6 configuration report in message

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #354 by sozzled
(1) Please read the very important information about using J! 1.5 legacy mode . Please remove your dependence on legacy mode (in other words, disable the System - Legacy plugin).

(2) Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)

(3) Please read the advice we have given many times in this topic.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #355 by suxutzu88
Replied by suxutzu88 on topic SEF PROBLEM
Hi guys, I have a problem with Kunena 1.6 (Joomla 1.5.22) when I activate the Search Engine Friendly URLs from Joomla Global Configuration, Kunena stop working :( I GET :
The page isn't redirecting properly!
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

:S I tried a lot of things still doesnt work!! please help me...

P.S sorry for my bad english;)

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #356 by suxutzu88
Replied by suxutzu88 on topic [SOLVED]SEF PROBLEM
Problem fix I just did this : www.kunena.org/forum/154-miscellaneous-o...yq?limit=10&start=10

Thx Kunena...

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #357 by johnweathersby

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 8M

Joomla default template details : rt_juxta_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.4 | creationdate: November 16, 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

I turned on SEF on joomla according to the instructions on the wiki. I modified my .htaccess removing the comment on the "RewriteBase /" entry.

My URLs are now cleaner and working fine on the site. I can go to the forum menu item with no problems, however, when I cilck a forum topic I get a "The page isn't redirecting properly" error from FireFox.

I've searched on the forums and wiki and haven't found anything that fixes my issue. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Grace and Peace-
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Reveal K 1.6 configuration report in message

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #358 by sozzled
A search of Kunena would have eventually led you to this topic, John, and I have merged your topic with this one. The problem isn't SEO (or SEF URLs) the problem has to do with having more than one Joomla menu item with the same menu alias. SEO merely exposes the problem; it's not (in itself) the cause.

Changing .htaccess is not something for the faint-hearted or for novice users. Most Apache webservers do not need to have the standard Joomla-supplied .htaccess file hacked. But, if things work for you then we're happy that they work.

According to your K 1.6 configuration report you have at least two menu items with same menu alias. There is a technique we sometimes call trash-burn-build. It involves trashing/deleting all existing Kunena menu items and using the Kunena Create Menu function. Every once in a while this technique doesn't work but it has worked for hundreds of users who have found themselves in a similar situation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #359 by westclif
I'm sry that i have to ask... but i cant get any further with this problem by myself, so i would be thankful for any help. :cheer:

Here are short review about my Actual situation:

I have set up a Website and added Multilangual Support yesterday, with Joomla 1.6, i had just to activate the standard plugin... (languague filter)

Nearly everythink is working fine, but if i try to log in with an account i get this message from firefox

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

You can create an account and test this by yourself on www.fail-production.de

As soon as i deactivate the plugin everything is working fine... I even checked if this problem could inherit from my duplicated menu entries for the english and german part of the website, but didnt changed anything.

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 104M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : joomspirit_18 | author: JoomSpirit | version: 2.0 | creationdate: 01/07/2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: @kunenaversion@ | creationdate: @kunenaversiondate@

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Thanks for any help =)

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #360 by crystalm28
I upgraged to 1.6.3. When I click on a Category, nothing happens in IE. In Firefox I get an error message "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete".
When I right click on the Category the link properities are www.mysite.com/forum/category .

I am having the same issue for Topics and when you click on the word "announcements".

Help please :)!!
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by crystalm28.

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds