Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Forum to Show on Home Page

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by carle
Hello Everybody,

I have installed Kunena 1.6 on a joomla website. I would like it to appear on the home page, and not as a link in the menu. I have been stumped on this for days I hope somebody would be kind enough to explain to me how this is done? I appreciate the help. thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by fxstein
Hi,

This is controlled via the Joomla menu manager.

Set the Forum menu entry as the default for the site with the little star showing next to it (instead of the default frontpage module)

In here:

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Attachments:

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #3 by Hurr1c4n3
Login to the joomla backend.

Click menu -> main menu
click on the box in front of the forum link and then press the standard button on top. Now the forum link is the standard link. Be sure the forum link is right configured otherwise it won't work. Just try. You can always change it back to standard menuitem.

[edit] fxstein beet me to it ;-) (I had to try it myself before I completed my post here)
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Hurr1c4n3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fxstein

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by carle
Hi again,

I appreciate your help, and now i don't fell like such a ditz becasue i have done what you guys suggested many times but it doesn't work, when I make the forum page my default it doesn't work. I get a 404 message on my home page from Kunena saying -

404 component error

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

1.an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
2.a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
3.a mistyped address
4.you have no access to this page
5.The requested resource was not found.
6.An error has occurred while processing your request.
Please try one of the following pages:

•Home Page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site.

I hope there are some more suggesstions,

Thanks again

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by Hurr1c4n3
Have you cleared your browsercache and the website cache?
Can you post a picture of the main menu links from the backend, just one like fxstein did.

More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by voltayr
Found a solution i have the same issue... create a new main menu button make it a kunena button and select index in the kunena list... save the button.. presto it works!

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds