Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Inconsistent Login Behaviour

More
13 years 6 months ago #21 by AndyInSpain
Many thanks...your help in this is much appreciated. And your comments are appreciated too!

Thanks a lot

Andy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #22 by xillibit
I have re-checked your site and now i'am able to log into your site without the issue. So, this bug is now in the past...

I don't know why you keep enabled the legacy mode ?,You have anything which need this .

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by xillibit.

More
13 years 6 months ago #23 by AndyInSpain
Hi xillibit,

The problem was NOT that nobody could log in: the problem is that if one, say, tries to create a topic or reply to an existing one without logging in, when asked to log in Kunena does not recognise the username and/or password. That problem remains.

Thanks!

Andy.

More
13 years 6 months ago #24 by sozzled
I still need a few days to create a test environment somewhere and then rip everything out from this site to see what it is that's generating the need for Legacy mode. When I've found what it is that's causing Legacy mode then I think I will also have found what it is that's causing this strange "login" need. This - the elimination of Legacy mode - seems, to me, to be the important need; the other things should then neatly fall into place afterwards.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #25 by AndyInSpain
Many thanks Sozzled....please don't worry, because there is absolutely no hurry with this.

Your help is much appreciated, and when you find out exactly what is demanding legacy mode, I'm sure it will be also useful for other Kunena users who might experience the same problem. Like you, it seems logical to me that once we have found the offending object, the login problems will resolve themselves. Incidentally, we've had a few instances recently where site members have not been able to log in *at all* with Kunena, only with CB (and yes, I confirmed they were using the correct credentials). I'm sure this is all part of the same problem though.

Kind regards

Andy.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by AndyInSpain.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #26 by AndyInSpain
Thanks for your reply...much appreciated. But we've already been here - see reply #9. The integration settings are not the cause of the problem, because the login form does not work with any of the integration settings.

And, while I don't know much about wedding dresses, I should be very surprised if they were the cause of the problem.:)

Cheers!

Andy.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by AndyInSpain.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27 by AndyInSpain
Any progress with this, sozzled? :)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #28 by sozzled
I'm sorry, but I have very little news to report. Basically I found several severely complicating issues with your website that prevented my progress; in short, I had to workaround many hard-coded links merely to let me to run your site on my test system. Your site menus are, in my opinion, a mess - not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure, and I apologise for my bluntness in this regard - with most of the menus hard-coded to your domain. You will find it difficult if you ever wanted wanted to move your site to a different domain. Further, I think you would make life a lot easier if you removed the unused clutter from your site. Some simple attention to basic housekeeping would go a long way.

I found that many components, modules, plugins and templates had been disabled. For me, trialling software, that may or may not have a place in an operational website, is something to be done under "laboratory conditions" - on a test site.

I ascertained that, if you started from scratch - installed Kunena 1.6 on a plain, "vanilla-flavoured" Joomla platform, with just a handful of the hundreds of extra Joomla extensions that you have installed - you would have a fully-functioning website running again in less than 2 days.

I had to halt my analysis of your site - I have been slowly recovering from illness and I haven't had the energy - but it's my estimate that it would take more than one week to pin-point which of the 100+ extensions you've installed are responsible for holding you back at J! 1.0. I don't have a week to do that work and, at the same time, do everything else that I need to do. On the other hand, if you started again, with a basic site framework - migrating across your existing forum - you would have the basis to not only move forward with J! 1.5 but also you would be future-proofing your site for J! 1.6 and beyond.

It's your site and, unfortunately, while it is engineered the way it is, there's really nothing more that anyone else can do with it unless you arranged something more formally. There is no bug in Kunena that I could see. I have amended the topic subject accordingly.

With some better organisation, your site has a lot of potential.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 5 months ago #29 by AndyInSpain
Hi sozzled,

Firstly, I was sorry to hear you have been ill. I hope you are now fully recovered.

Many thanks for your post and your helpful suggestions. There is one point I would like to clarify though: many of the site modules listed at Science File are not listed as published, but they are still being used. That is to say, they are directly inserted in articles and other modules. I have been right through the list of modules and removed any which are not being used on the site: they numbered fewer than half a dozen (and of course they should have been uninstalled when they were no longer used).

I am definitely, in any case, going to do a major site rewrite in the near future: it's something which has been on the to-do list for a while. As I am sure you will appreciate, it's just finding the time to site down and plan/execute the rewrite. I am sure that this will solve the problems with the login we are experiencing, which, like you, I am now sure is not a problem with Kunena.

On behalf of our members I would like to thank you, and everybody at Kunena, for all the marvellous support we continue to receive. It is much appreciated.

Kind regards

More
12 years 10 months ago #30 by igolfniray

sozzled wrote: There's a very easy way to find out if you have J! 1.0 legacy software running on a J! 1.5 website. It's not 100% foolproof but it's reliable enough for our purposes: .... etc etc etc (QUOTE CONTINUES)

Hi Sozzled,

I'm trying to disable legacy mode on my site (I turned it on very early in my Joomla learning experience and didn't even realise what I was doing.)

But when I try your advice (in quote above) I don't get green arrows or red X's in the 'Compatibility' column at all. The column is empty.

Any advice?

Whatever the module is that requires legacy mode is on my homepage page because when I disable legacy mode I can't even load up my homepage, never mind Kunena...

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ray.

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds