Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question How can I add an specific ID item # into a Kunena link?

More
13 years 7 months ago #21 by iLucato

sozzled wrote: And this issue is only confined to K 1.5, right? :S

Nope, I'm using the latest one.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #22 by sozzled
So, would you also like to answer the other question I asked, please? What is the thing that generates the link in the first place? That's what @quila wanted to know and that's what I want to know.

The other person in this discussion seems to think that this is an issue for her with K 1.5. You're saying that this is an issue for you with K 1.6. I'm still thoroughly confused (although just about everyone else seems to know what's going on here)! Sorry ... maybe I should just stay away from this topic completely. :blush:

We started off with editing a user profile and then we, somehow, moved into the hierarchy of categories. We've gone from Joomla menus to "how to preserve the contents of a web forum using Firefox". So, can I ask very politely, please: what the heck are we talking about?
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #23 by iLucato

sozzled wrote: So, would you also like to answer the other question I asked, please? What is the thing that generates the link in the first place? That's what @quila wanted to know and that's what I want to know.

Where did he asked it? :0) I didn't get very well what you want to know. Who generates the link is the own Kunena code. Kunena that generates the link for the user profile when you click on an user member nickname/name.

The other person in this discussion seems to think that this is an issue for her with K 1.5. You're saying that this is an issue for you with K 1.6. I'm still thoroughly confused (although just about everyone else seems to know what's going on here)! Sorry ... maybe I should just stay away from this topic completely. :blush:

Yup, get a rest. Maybe you're too much tired today and a little puzzled. Heheheh, just kidding. In my Undersatnding, RCheesley wants to do the same, just assign the wished layout to her link. If you pay attention, RCheesley mentioned it was working before the update, so it isn't a issue with her K 1.5

We started off with editing a user profile and then we, somehow, moved into the hierarchy of categories. We've gone from Joomla menus to "how to preserve the contents of a web forum using Firefox". So, can I ask very politely, please: what the heck are we talking about?

Poor guy, you really need a rest today. We are talking about assigning ItemID# to an Kunena link. :0)

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by iLucato.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #24 by sozzled
Can you post an image, or images, from your site, that illustrates the issue you trying to solve, please. :unsure: It's not just that I've been awake since 3:00 am this morning; I have not been able to understand what this topic has been about for the two weeks that this discussion has been running. @quila's question was asked in the second or third message in this thread.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25 by iLucato

sozzled wrote: Can you post an image, or images, from your site, that illustrates the issue you trying to solve, please. :unsure: It's not just that I've been awake since 3:00 am this morning; I have not been able to understand what this topic has been about for the two weeks that this discussion has been running. @quila's question was asked in the second or third message in this thread.

Yup, I know hot it is. I get the same issue waking up in the middle of the night. Well, let's do that. Once you're too much tired to think today and you need to give a break to your brain, otherwise you're going to sleep tense. Go get your rest, and tomorrow, I said tomorrrrrroooooow! :0) read again the threads #17 and #19 . Withe these explanations with a fresh mind, I have no doubt that you will get to understand. ;0)

More
13 years 7 months ago #26 by sozzled
I really need to see a demonstration of the issue and how it affects Kunena.

It's mid-winter here in Australia (the temperature was -4 deg. C this morning) so I can't blame my confusion on the weather.

iLucato says that this has something to do with user profiles. RCheesley says it has something to do with Kunena categories. I'm lost.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #27 by iLucato
For who may interest, I got to hack a way to use your wished '&Itemid=xx' when you click on user name. So you get to apply your wished menu layout.

Here is how to procedure:

Find your file kunena.link.class.php into the folder components/com_kunena/lib and at the 216 change FROM CODE:
Code:
$link = $profile->getProfileURL ( $userid );

TO CODE:
Code:
$link = $profile->getProfileURL ( $userid ).'&Itemid=xx';

Where xx is your wished ID based on your top menu ItemID (Manage Menu).

Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by iLucato.

More
13 years 7 months ago #28 by Matias
I would like to separate K1.5 and K1.6 issues from each other. They work in very different way.

In Kunena 1.6 creating this feature is more than possible, and actually it's quite easy once you get how it works. Kunena 1.6 automatically assigns the right Itemid and there's no need to hack it -- if menus have been created in the right way.

In Kunena 1.5 this kind of functionality is not supported (even if you can build something like it by using external links). There's no guarantee that it will work in the next bugfix release, either.

More
13 years 7 months ago #29 by iLucato

Matias wrote: In Kunena 1.6 creating this feature is more than possible, and actually it's quite easy once you get how it works. Kunena 1.6 automatically assigns the right Itemid and there's no need to hack it -- if menus have been created in the right way.

Well, I got 1.6 and with integration with AUP, it didn't show ItemID for me. Would explain how to achieve that than? I mean when click on a username I get to have in this URL the &Itemid in it. As you can read some threads behind, I mentioned that it isn't shown in the Kunena username link.

More
13 years 7 months ago #30 by sozzled
I'm still a little lost with this discussion but I'm starting to see why. There are two entirely different topics occurring here.

(1) Something to do with when you click the username profile link in K 1.6. I don't know what that "something" is, or how iLucato wants to leverage it, but ... it's something all right! :laugh:

(2) Something to do with the category administration in K 1.5. Again, I don't quite understand what this "something" is, or what RCheesley has in mind for it, but it's a different something to whatever iLucato wants to do.

So, perhaps if we can understand why people need to know the answer to the very broad question "How can I add a specific 'itemID' (???) into a Kunena link" maybe we'll be that little bit closer to finding the answer? :dry: I'm still trying to understand what itemID everyone else seems to be talking about. It seems to me that there are a couple of different itemIDs.

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds