Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question How can I add an specific ID item # into a Kunena link?

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #11 by iLucato

RCheesley wrote: Ack I just wrote a big long reply and hit quick reply rather than submit!

Yup, I can feel you pain. That's why before I click any submit button when using forums I use to copy all text and paste into a notepad. :0) It happens all the time. :0) So, select all, copy & paste. :0) Another try that works with some forums is use the browser go back|previous page button and sometimes you have your full text there. :0)

I recently updated the forum and now this isn't happening at all. I can get banners to appear on the main forum listing no problem, but not on the containers. This is a big problem because sponsors are paying to sponsor those forum categories, and their ads haven't been showing since I did the update :|

What version of Kunena are you using Ruth? Would you mind to put step by step how you're trying to achieve that to place your ads into the containers? So, I can try and test from here to see what behavior I get on this side.

Cheers.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by iLucato.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #12 by etusha
KunenaRoute::_($uri);
this may help you

More
13 years 7 months ago #13 by iLucato

etusha wrote: KunenaRoute::_($uri);
this may help you

Where should it be added, changed, placed, whatever?

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

More
13 years 7 months ago #14 by kiwi3685

Yup, I can feel you pain. That's why before I click any submit button when using forums I use to copy all text and paste into a notepad. :0) It happens all the time. :0) So, select all, copy & paste. :0) Another try that works with some forums is use the browser go back|previous page button and sometimes you have your full text there. :0)

Sorry I'm a little off-topic here - but the best cure for that problem (using FF browser) is the add-on "Lazarus Form Recovery". It automatically stores what you enter. I've used it soooooo often :blink:

More
13 years 7 months ago #15 by iLucato

kiwi3685 wrote:

Sorry I'm a little off-topic here - but the best cure for that problem (using FF browser) is the add-on "Lazarus Form Recovery". It automatically stores what you enter. I've used it soooooo often :blink:

Hey Kiwi, amazing tip, thanks a lot. I hope it doesn't store passwords and other info from forms send them through Internet to someone else and so on. :0)

More
13 years 7 months ago #16 by RCheesley
Hi,

OK here is what I am doing:

Forum set up as follows

Container 1 (e.g. recruitment)
Forum 1
Forum 2

Container 2 (e.g. administration)
Forum 3
Forum 4

What I need to do is have certain banner ads appear under Container 1 (recruitment companies) and Container 2 (administration providers). The way I had this working was:

Set up main menu forum link (itemid 54) then menu sub-items (which are external links, and yes I checked that the itemID's were correct) to the containers, itemID 55 and 56, as there is no way to do this in the menu item type for Kunena.

Forum (54)
Container 1 (55)
Container 2 (56)

Then assign banner modules to Container 1 and Container 2. This *should* work because the containers have a unique ItemID, and it DID work until I updated the forum.

Ruth

More
13 years 7 months ago #17 by iLucato

@quila wrote: Hi iLucato,

that depend how all menu are created in Joomla menu, links should not show Itemid=0. Links in kunena should show Itemid of kunena Index menu from menu manager. Can be that you have old menu from K1.5 as a index menu for kunena. Check menu which point to kunena in Main Menu. If you delete that menu and create new one what happens?

@quila, I'm referring also not only to menus, but from links within Kunena. So, if you click on an user member link, it isn't a tab menu, and it will send you to the profile and so on. If integrated with AUP, the Kunena would have an option as UddeIM has that you get to set their Itemid=0 to any Itemid you want to as you can check in their System Tab, Override/Overlap ItemId, 'Use Item ID' input field. So, IMHO, Kunena should have this ItemID override by user as UddeIM does. So, If I had that, when I click on user name link, I would get to use a page lay-out that I want to.

More
13 years 7 months ago #18 by sozzled
Can someone please explain what is this ItemID "thing" is and how is it related to Kunena? What is the "thing" that uses this ItemID, please. Which version(s) of Kunena are affected by these things.

I cannot recall when I last saw ItemID in a Kunena link and, therefore, I'm thoroughly confused by this whole topic. :S

More
13 years 7 months ago #19 by iLucato

sozzled wrote: Can someone please explain what is this ItemID "thing" is and how is it related to Kunena? What is the "thing" that uses this ItemID, please. Which version(s) of Kunena are affected by these things.

I cannot recall when I last saw ItemID in a Kunena link and, therefore, I'm thoroughly confused by this whole topic. :S

I'll try to explain. The ItemID goes in a link like that:
Code:
http://www.bemdoado.com.br/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=55&lang=pt
As you can see it has the &ItemID=55, so this ID is related to the Menu ItemID. So, goes to Joomla > Menus> Top Menus > and here there is the colum ItemID. Each munu as you may know you assign one kind of menu (e.g. External Link, Kunena Forum -> Rules/Help, Entry Pages, etc). So, each assign menu kind has its own lay out.

So, get the same link I post you above within the code brackets and change the ItemID from 55 to 114 for example or to 28. You see, I can assign a different page layout to the same content.

So, when I click on a Kunena user member it would have this "thing" and would be set as UddeIM has as I said, and I would use the layout I want to.

Well, something like that. Did you get to understand now? ;0)

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #20 by sozzled
And this issue is only confined to K 1.5, right? :S

What is the "thing" that generated this link
Code:
http://www.bemdoado.com.br/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=55&lang=pt
That's what I want to know! When I understand how you get this link, in the first place, I might have a better understanding of the question and what this topic is all about. :pinch:
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds