Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Changing the size of video on youtube

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 1 month ago #11 by darek795
Why this video isn't embeded properly - It has black bars above and under,
and has always 425 even if I type another width manually.

I tried to edit file kunena.parser.php but it doesn't work at all.

Is it impossible to embed in Kunena video without black bars and with size which I want ?
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by CheechDogg.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 1 month ago #12 by djcammy

darek795 wrote: Why this video isn't embeded properly - It has black bars above and under,
and has always 425 even if I type another width manually.

I agree with darek. I've tried changing the settings in the parse file, but it doesn't seem to work.

Ideally I just want a 16:9 video to show as 16:9, rather than 16:9 in a 4:3 box?

Any more developments on this?
More
12 years 1 month ago #13 by CheechDogg
You don't have to change anything in the parse files. As you can see I edited the width and height of the video and it displays at 525x444.

As for the video have the letterbox (It has black bars above and under,) that is how the video was recorded.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #14 by CheechDogg
This example shows the width wider:

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 1 month ago #15 by djcammy
Cheechdog, thanks for the replies.

Here's the problem that my users are having: If you look at this video on youtube and embedded on here, it's 16:9.

But on my forum it appears in a 4:3 box, even though it's shot in 16:9. The person who posted it (and also shot and uploaded the video) said he put all the correct sizes in, but it still showed it in the same format.

My site is running Kunena 1.7.2 on Joomla 2.5.3

Any further advice would be welcome.

David
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #16 by CheechDogg
Hello djcammy,

What you can do is go to where he posted the video and click edit and look to see what parameters he set for the video. That will tell you if he indeed added the correct size.

The parameters for that video you posted are : width=560 height=315

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 1 month ago #17 by djcammy
Thanks for the help again.

I've looked at the video in question and no matter what I change the settings to on the post, the video won't display wider than 400px. So if I set it to 560 x 315 (as youtube suggests) it displays at 400 x 315, hence the weird display. In fact no matter what I set it to, it's always 400 px.

I've checked the kunena.parser.php file and it contains the following:
Code:
$vid_minwidth = 200; $vid_minheight = 44; // min. display size //$vid_maxwidth = 640; $vid_maxheight = 480; // max. display size $vid_maxwidth = ( int ) (($kunena_config->rtewidth * 9) / 10); // Max 90% of text width $vid_maxheight = 720; // max. display size $vid_sizemax = 100; // max. display zoom in percent
So a video of 560px wide shouldn't be a problem? :huh:

Any further thoughts?
More
12 years 1 month ago #18 by Jiminimonka
Is your forum max width like the kunena.org website? Post your UN-EDITED Configuration Report as that might help.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: djcammy
More
12 years 1 month ago #19 by djcammy
Thanks for the input everyone. The problem is now solved for me. :)

The text area max width was set to 450px, which would explain the 405px width (90%). I've now changed the max area to 700% and they're displaying properly.

Thanks again

David
More
11 years 1 month ago #20 by sunny33days
Does anyone know the current file path to change the Youtube video size in the latest Kunena 2.0.4 version?
Time to create page: 0.545 seconds