Kunena 5.2.8 released and Blue eagle 1.6.7 released (02 Jan 2022)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.8 [K 5.2.8] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.10/3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of previous version of K5.2.

If you are using blue template you need to update to 1.6.7 version to ensure to have a compatible version with K5.2.8.

Important note: (07 Jan 2022) If you have created a Kunena custom.css, create a backup of it. Due to an error, this file will be deleted during an upgrade.

× This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question How to put a message: "Register to access the Forum" ?

More
11 years 7 months ago #11 by sozzled
macchu wrote:

This is my problem :
When I click the menu item that sends me on the forum, the page is empty if I am not logged in as "registered".
I would like to display a message with a link to register. How please ?

Simple answer: hide the menu link from non-registered users; only show the link if you are logged in.

On your home page, display the following information "Nous avons un grand forum. Inscrivez-vous ici et connectez-vous à nous rejoindre" - give them the link to where they can register, let them login and, hey presto, problem is solved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #12 by macchu
Hello,

Thanks Slozzed, I think it before but it's not that I want :)

I think I will not resolve my problem like this, so I tried another method.
In index.php of Joomla template, I insert this code :
global $my;
$composant = JRequest::getVar('option');
if($composant=="com_kunena") {
  if ($my->id) {} else {
    echo '<div style="text-align:center">Bla bla bla</div>';
  }
}
- detect if user/visitor is connected
- detect if Kunena composant is used
That's all!

Thanks for your responses and sorry for my bad english :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds