Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to protect my forum from spam

More
13 years 6 months ago #81 by sozzled

Mick wrote: Can it be set so I have to ok new members?

G'day, Mick, and welcome to Kunena.

Kunena is not responsible for user registration. User registration is a Joomla function. Joomla registration, itself, does not ask you if you want to OK new user registrations: you either allow everyone to register or you allow no-one to register (that is, you have to register people yourself). To get around this issue, you can install third-party user registration extensions for Joomla that allow you to challenge new user registrations. The Joomla Extensions Directory has details of many extensions that you can use: JomSocial and Community Builder are two popular extensions.

Some website seem to attract more spam than others. Fan sites, gaming sites, anime sites ... these seem to be prime targets for spam. Spammers aren't likely to lob into a site for discussing macrame pot-plant holders, for example. ;)

There are many things you can do to protect yourself against spam but, as I have written on many occasions before:

"The only truly effective remedy against spam is vigilance."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #82 by MindTooth
Hello,

I experience a lot of spam on our site. Where I have added a reCAPTCHA form on the registration form, but still they overcome the codes.

All I ask, is that someone will take a look, and maybe share some thoughts on the issue at hand.

Adding the site maybe: openelec.tv

Sincere,

Birger J.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 8M

Joomla default template details : yoo_neo | author: YOOtheme | version: 5.5.8 | creationdate: October 2010

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1-DEV | Build: 3721 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by MindTooth. Reason: Adding site.

More
13 years 6 months ago #83 by cally6008

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #84 by MindTooth
Isn't ChronoForms a bit old? If not, I might consider it. Creating a login form seemed to be to much a hazzle.

Just wants a solutions that works and stop spam account from registrate.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by MindTooth.

More
13 years 6 months ago #85 by sozzled
MindTooth: You asked

All I ask, is that someone will take a look, and maybe share some thoughts on the issue at hand

This entire topic is about sharing thoughts on the issue you've enquired about.

I think that it's important to put these matters into some kind of perspective. I visited your website. Your forum has a grand total of 414 messages. Can you tell us, what proportion of you all the 414 messages posted on your website were spam?

I looked at your site registration page: apart from the reCAPTCHA feature, it's just the standard Joomla registration form as far as I can tell. So? You've managed to prevent bots from registering at your website. Your registration procedure does not otherwise prevent human users from registering at your website.

Please look through the many suggestions that people have offered earlier in this topic. If someone passes by to offer you a tip, it's better to thank them for their interest than it is to say their idea was worthless to you.

cally6008: thanks for your offer to help :)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #86 by 400kg
many people come to our kunena forum to spam, to stop that, I want to give writing access only to members of some levels,.such as admin,moderator and etc, but not for all registered users, how to make that settings ?
plz, reply quickly, because I want to make this as soon as possible//
thanks

or is there any option to let people to post threads and posts after admin's or moderator's review ?
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by 400kg.

More
13 years 5 months ago #87 by 400kg
someone reply .....................................

More
13 years 5 months ago #88 by 400kg
.................bump

More
13 years 5 months ago #89 by sozzled
Yes, 400kg, there is an option to review messages before they are published for others to read them. It's called "Review Posts" and the setup is explained in Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups
The following user(s) said Thank You: 400kg

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #90 by 400kg
forum administration is not there..... >>> oppZzz
Go to the Joomla Backend, then to Components -> Kunena Forum -> Kunena Configuration and select Forum Administration.
plz advice :huh:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by 400kg.

Time to create page: 2.069 seconds