Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to protect my forum from spam

More
13 years 9 months ago #51 by cally6008
I use ChronoForms as the registration page for my website and have had very few, if any, spammers registering.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #52 by xillibit
Hello,

a captcha system is a good thing to prevent spams, do you using one ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 9 months ago #53 by cally6008
xillibit wrote:

Hello,

a captcha system is a good thing to prevent spams, do you using one ?

Sorry, was this aimed at me ? Yes, the ChronoForms that I use has an inbuilt captcha and also an option (like registering on here ?) to ask a question and receive the correct answer before allowing registration to take place

More
13 years 8 months ago #54 by ranjeet
cfBlockCountry (Plugin)is really nice solution to block any country to access without using ip address.one of my friend asked me to use this.For example if you want to block access of the site from any IP in United States you can use this plugin. I have used this to prevent unwanted access to my website and you can also use this if going through the same problem . you will definitely feel better after using this. you can download it from the given link below:-http://www.codefire.in/open-source.html

More
13 years 7 months ago #55 by xreliable
In my experience of running forums since the days when Compuserve ruled the Internet, is that captcha systems only work to **% (YMMV) efficiency i.e. they can and are beaten regularly if you have a busy forum/site. I've had better luck manually configuring Q&A or a combination.

There are several popular blacklist services with APIs and online lookup such as:
www.spamhaus.org/
www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml

I've found this site pretty useful for quick manual reference but they also have an API:
www.stopforumspam.com/downloads/

What I'm wondering is if there is anything planned for a Kunena plugin for this or similar services?

More
13 years 7 months ago #56 by JoS
Hi,

I'm very new to the world of web building and Kunena so please go easy on me!!

I've discovered and removed some spam from my forum and have deleted them as they appeared but now the ability to delete registered users has GONE!
I've had 3 appear in the last 24hrs even with CAPTCHA switched on.
One of them is not listed in my User Profile Manager and i'm concerned this one may have done something to alter my ability to delete users - is this possible??
How do i stop them please? I'm using Joomla 1.5 & have searched through the extension directory but am not sure which one is right for what i need - any suggestions here?

Thanks in advance for your help

Jo

More
13 years 7 months ago #57 by JoS
I've installed Registration Validator - Thanks C0n!
Now for my other issue of not being able to delete the Spam that got through before this. As i mentioned above i could previously delete registered users and now this option has gone. Any thoughts on what's going on here?
Thanks,
Jo

More
13 years 7 months ago #58 by sozzled

JoS wrote: I could previously delete registered users and now this option has gone.

Kunena has never possessed the ability to delete registered users. What version of Kunena are you using?

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #59 by JoS
Hi,
I'm using 1.5.11

I thought i went into User Administration and the option to delete was at top right of the page (with edit etc.).

That's how i removed the previous dodgy registered users. I didn't take a great deal of notice until I went to do it the other day and the option is not there?? Am I going crazy!!

So how do i get rid of them now please?

Jo
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by JoS.

More
13 years 7 months ago #60 by JoS
Another one registered last night. not sure if it was before or after i installed the registration validator. They are not posting anything, just registering but when i look at the User Admin they are not listed there.
I'm freaking out a bit and am ready to remove the forum altogether as it's not very active and i don't have a lot of time to dedicate to this right now (unless someone can help me out with some advice of course) :)

Would this Spam be coming from facebook?

Jo

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds