Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to protect my forum from spam

More
9 years 4 months ago #411 by rajeshatbuzz
Hi,

I have kunena and joomla uptodated and more than 10000s of post getting created everyhour.

What to do? Please suggest!!! Seems there are some sql injection or somthing.

i have changed the db password but still its happening.

cmsGalaxy
Website Developement | Design | SEO | PPC
www.cmsGalaxy.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #412 by 810
do you got a url to the forum. and paste here the kunena report.

Is it from 1 user, then just block the user. and remove all messages from him.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #413 by sozzled
In this topic—started over 5 years ago—there have been many useful suggestions, hints, tips and "tricks" posted here. Some of the early messages at the beginning (references to UserVoice, for example) our no longer relevant to today's Kunena. Some of the ideas in here were also proven to be not useful. Times have changed.

At this time, the moderators here do not merge new topics/questions asked about forum spam. This means that the advice about how to protect your forum from spam will be scattered about and people will have to search for help as best they can. It is probably a good time, therefore, to summarise what we have learnt about forum spam and the things that people can do to prevent it happening.

I would like to make a number of key points:

1) Kunena is not the cause of forum spam. Forum spam—spam in general—can happen in any forum. Kunena is a forum product; it is no different to most other forum products.

2) There is no 100% guaranteed automatic way to prevent forum spam. Spam can originate anywhere, at any time and in all differently disguised ways. As I wrote on 25 May 2010,

The only truly effective remedy against spam is vigilance

You can manage spam—you can reduce it and you may be able to eradicate it—if you are vigilant. The best ways to reduce spam are to prevent accounts registering on your website from untrustworthy sources. If you manage an open “public” forum then you will have more work to safeguard your site from the effects of spam.

3) Kunena has several configurable settings to help with some of the “automated” aspects of running your forum and you should experiment with these settings to find a combination that works best for you.

4) There are several third-party products available that may assist but you should research them carefully. Some of these products are better than others.

5) Managing spam is, unfortunately, not without you having to do some work. If you do not put in the effort then you only have yourself to blame.

This topic is still the best place in this forum to start if you are looking for help. I have written a more in-depth examination of the key findings in an article entitled How to stop forum spam in Kunena .
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 7 months ago #414 by Alexrazor
Hi,

It's just to protect Kunena against spam, try CleanTalk anti spam

It is all in one anti spam, without captcha and etc, invisible for visitors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: makotosun

More
7 years 4 months ago #415 by makotosun
Try Cleantalk. I have no financial interest, nor any referral kickback, but I use the service on several sites including a large kunena forum, and it has cut my spam to near ZERO. Seriously good and cheap.

www.cleantalk.com

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds