Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to protect my forum from spam

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #381 by XRUMERbot
So I got a really annoying problem. As we all know there are still some retarded people out there that think that spamming 1000s of sites out there using bots will make them rank better in google, so thats what they do.

Now I quickly figured out how to shut them out, replacing the default captcha with a different one.

But the main problem is that the bots keep thinking, that they posted something, and keep building 100s of bad links to my site every day. Im at about 50k links form really low-quality places all over the web.

95% of those links point to:
ROOT/forum/newtopic

What can I do to stop this. The bots are not able to sign up, but they still keep building shitty links to my site... WHY???

I'm quite afraid that all these thousands of bad backlinks are going to hurt my SEO.

I'm quite sure it has something to do with the structure of Kunena. I never had this problem with other joomla extensions, phpbb, vbulletin, Fireboard and other boards.

Thanks for everything :)
Kunena is awesome!

//edit:
I know that they are XRUMER, because one of them was advertising XRUMER^^
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by XRUMERbot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #382 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, XRUMERbot, and welcome to Kunena.

Kunena is no more or less susceptible to attacks from XRumer than any other web-based discussion forum on the internet.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #383 by gri
Replied by gri on topic ~Gri to Matias~
Is Kunena software designed to produce spam ?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Rename subject and topic merge

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #384 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic ~Gri to Matias~
Do you have evidence that Kunena produces spam? :huh:
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #385 by mecenat
Why all use recaptcha on joomla and forums? Bots are easy register with recaptcha enabled.
For years i am use on my joomla and on my forum security question.
For example i make my own question - who is the best humans friend, in russia we say that its a dog. In my question i am use letters from different languages, mixed with russians. So even if a poor indian guy (who usually solves the captches for one cent)will insert this question in translator -he will not get it translated.
So for the last 5 years i didnt have even one bot registered or spam post posted.
For Kunena and Joomla there is only one extension which work like charm. Tomorrow i will post it here.
I do not ask my users even to register to post. In the end of the post creator window there is my question, without answer u cant post. So easy. Users hate captches and its really slow down forum grow.

Can you imagine if every site will use its self question? This will make it almost impossible to spam in internet. Even for soft like xrummer.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by mecenat.

More
10 years 4 months ago #386 by mecenat
Ok people, instead of use captcha, use EasyCalcCheck Plus - ECC+ for security question on joomla registration and Kunena posting (without registration)
Read my previus post. Stop use captcha, this is 21 century for God sake B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kubik-Rubik

More
10 years 4 months ago #387 by Kubik-Rubik

mecenat wrote: Ok people, instead of use captcha, use EasyCalcCheck Plus - ECC+ for security question on joomla registration and Kunena posting (without registration)

Thank you for the recommendation of my plugin! :-)

Regards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
kubik-rubik.de
The following user(s) said Thank You: mecenat

More
10 years 4 months ago #388 by mecenat

Kubik-Rubik wrote:

mecenat wrote: Ok people, instead of use captcha, use EasyCalcCheck Plus - ECC+ for security question on joomla registration and Kunena posting (without registration)

Thank you for the recommendation of my plugin! :-)

Regards

This is the best anti-spam joomla plugin that i have seen in my life. Thank you for good work pal! :)

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #389 by Matias
@Kubik-Rubik: Is that your plugin? I was also using a highly customized (improved) version of EasyCalcCheck few years back when I still had my Finnish forum. :)
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Matias.

More
10 years 4 months ago #390 by Kubik-Rubik

Matias wrote: @Kubik-Rubik: Is that your plugin? I was also using a highly customized (improved) version of EasyCalcCheck few years back when I still had my Finnish forum. :)

Yes, it is! ;)

I have improved the plugin a lot in the last releases. I simply hate spam! B)

Regards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
kubik-rubik.de
The following user(s) said Thank You: mecenat

Time to create page: 0.692 seconds