Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to protect my forum from spam

More
10 years 11 months ago #351 by ChaosHead
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moonstone, Nookman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #352 by ChaosHead
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by ChaosHead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
10 years 11 months ago #353 by sozzled
FuzMic: There are some great ideas in this topic.

*** Topics merged by moderator ***

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #354 by Phoenix
I was getting over 100 spam registrations a day that I had to delete and had re-captcha on first post (registered guests only) and there were some days that I would have a dozen spam posts on the forum.

Once I migrated from J1.5 to J2.5 I could add a captcha to the registration. I installed the are you a human captcha and in the few weeks I have used it I haven't had a single spam registration that was able to register (and I no longer need to use a captcha for the first post).

While I wouldn't have an open forum for mon registered guests ... it would be interesting to see how effective it was on a first post captcha ... and it's a lot easier and more enjoyable to use than re-captcha.

Phoenix
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Phoenix.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #355 by mychatta
Hi all, I use Kunena for many of my sites and I must say that I have never had any problems with the component, except for the version 2.0.4.

Yesterday I received an attack of a SPAM USERS in the forums, and tried to moderate it in different ways but nothing works.

1 - I tried to ban him or mark it as spamers but it does not work, does not eliminate anything.

2 - I tried to access the Back End and delete all the messages that the user has ANNOTATED, but unfortunately it does not work.

Image.

I tried to Permanently Delete the FIRST Topic that my Normal User has created but it seems paradoxical but the comments of the spamers have not disappeared, it is absurd that, I delete the first topic, the first thread created and are not deleted to follow COMMENTS .

Link of Thread
Link of Thread

I also tried to go in the user profile of Kunena, but it appears to me nothing to eliminate or ban a user, options that were present in the other versions of Kunena.
picture

Can anyone tell me how I can remove 120 Post created by a SINGLE USER spamers? I have to delete them one by one?

Thanks

Videochat gratis senza registrazione , gratuita e italiana.

www.mychatta.net/
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by mychatta.

More
10 years 11 months ago #356 by Matias
Could be a bug your template, but in here we just go to the users profile and mark him as a spammer + delete all the posts. The feature has been used almost daily as long as it has been available and it has never failed.

Note that Kunena doesn't permanently delete the posts, but marks them deleted in the database. Admins are still able to see deleted topics and posts (if you use default settings) and they show up as being greyed out.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #357 by FuzMic
Replied by FuzMic on topic StopSpam Forum
Hi guys

I got the API key from StopSpamForum; some mental block questions

1 Does it mean that once i put this key into the configuration field for this, bots listed in StopSpamForum will be blocked.
2 Where is the log for the blocks? Is there a table in the Mysql created for this, what's the name?
3 With this, do we still require to use eg SpamBotCheck extensions?

Appreciate help to learn to better understand Kunena? Thanks.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by FuzMic.

More
10 years 11 months ago #358 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic StopSpam Forum
Hello,

1°) Which field are-you talking about ?
2°) There isn't tables of that

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 11 months ago #359 by FuzMic
Replied by FuzMic on topic StopSpam Forum
Hi xillibit, it is in the Forum Configuration > Security Tab, bottom line.
Attachments:

More
10 years 11 months ago #360 by krebsinfo
what can i do against spammer registration? can kunena work with other captcha plugins? i have ReCaptcha and RVS reCaptcha installed but every day spammer...

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 45M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : stomaforum_02 | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-03-16

Kunena default template details : A1 - Kunena 1.6 Template | author: www.TemplateKunena.com | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-25

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Time to create page: 0.581 seconds