Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to protect my forum from spam

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #321 by Jiminimonka
These Joomla components, along with setting up Kunena security like Captcha and Stop Forum Spam (see the security tab in Kunena > Configuration > Security should make it pretty difficult for spammers to register.

Spam Bot Check
ECC+

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Jiminimonka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #322 by tomsson
Hi

I'am using KUNENA 2.0.2
On my forum everyday I get a lot of spam generated by guest.

In settings of kunena I have sets forum for all and captcha for guest

but this is not enought.

How do you fight with this ?

**** Moderator Moved to Relevant Topic ****
** Use the Search Feature Before Posting **
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Jiminimonka.

More
11 years 5 months ago #323 by Jiminimonka
Please use the Search feature before posting. The answer to your question is in this topic.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
11 years 4 months ago #324 by s4d
Hello,

my kunena forum is attacked with spam!
I choose the reCaptcha and EasyCalcCheck PLUS the installation was ok but i got again spam from spam bots as guests.

I want that guests can write in my forum , so i need a good protection. Which works really.

Can you help me?

More
11 years 3 months ago #325 by amokve
Replied by amokve on topic user hits spam
Dear users,
I have a problem with Kunena forum, perhaps due to high activity of spam attempts.
The forum is safe with antispam and enable the administrator to enrollment, so you do not spam the forum. The problem is that the number of guest users is very high and the log file will show spam attempts with different ip.
This obviously involves reading the forum topics repeatedly and consequently an increase of the visits counter. How to solve the problem. Can you help me?

More
11 years 3 months ago #326 by sozzled

More
11 years 2 months ago #327 by sozzled
Do yourselves a favour:

If you are not using J! 2.5.9 now then take advantage of some added anti-spambot registration fixes in this new version.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #328 by GJSchaller
I use various anti-spam systems to prevent spam from getting onto my forums, and they work very well. Occasionally, however, one still slips through, usually by being a human spammer that answers all the safeguards, etc.

I see there is an API setting for Stop Forum Spam under the Kunena Configuration - is there a way to report a post back to SFS as Spam, so that the offender can be flagged? If not, could this feature be added as a Moderator function, so that one could click a button to report the offender?

(I should note that other Joomla anti-spam extensions currently do not let you report spammers, either, so I cannot rely on them to let me do this.)

Thank you!

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by GJSchaller.

More
11 years 1 month ago #329 by gotanyglue
Replied by gotanyglue on topic 200 Spam users in 4 days
Hi there im quite new to this, so its just a question of how i handle spam users i have had 200 people reg and confirm the link, and then just spamming mosly from @123.com or @169.com should i delete or ban or is there a way to stop them

Many Thanks

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : shaper_fiction | author: JoomShaper.com | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: Apr 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-01-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
11 years 1 month ago #330 by skybax
The following user(s) said Thank You: gotanyglue

Time to create page: 0.670 seconds