Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to protect my forum from spam

More
11 years 6 months ago #311 by kross76
I am in 100% agreement. We had some horrible spam issues, and this extension has solved them 99% of the time. AND it's Kunena 2.0 compatible

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #312 by baijianpeng
I also want to remind the Kunena official team that : Kunena itself must has something wrong so that spam can be posted easily to our forums.

Well, I had tried SpamFigher, it did not work so good. Then I installed another small plugin named "SpambotCheck", this plugin can stop about 20 spam registration attempts every day ! Try it.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

More
11 years 6 months ago #313 by naimless
A short update - SpamFighter automatically blocked more than 8,000 spammy posts in only the last 3 weeks. That's insanely awesome!

But as Baijianpeng wrote, a big concern should be how spambots managed to solve 8,000 Recaptchas? Either Recaptcha is completely pointless, or there is some bug in Kunena's implementation of Recaptcha that enables spambots to bypass the Recaptcha check somehow.

Somehow I can't believe that Recaptcha is broken quite that easily, since it is so widely used on the net.

Any thoughts from Kunena devs on this whether the blame should lie with Recaptcha? Or, if any spammers are reading this and are having an attack of conscience - how the hell do you manage to spam us so with stupid posts about Christian Laboutin, Adidas sneakers and other crap???

More
11 years 6 months ago #314 by kross76
Interesting topic. I've wondered the same thing and had the same experience. I think clearly they've hacked recaptcha, since I think Kunena just links to that service without any control over it.

More
11 years 6 months ago #315 by sozzled
A few points to think about:

There is a whole business that's making money out of solving CAPTCHA challenges. There are actually "sweat-shops" in third-world countries where people are being paid for this service.

There are many black-hat applications available to spammers to use to register themselves, post their rubbish and move on to the next site.

There's an implication here that Kunena is weak or somehow enables people to spam. Those assertions are not proven. If they were established fact, perhaps someone would be good enough to explain the remarkable absence of spam on this website?

Spammers are drawn to "attractive" sites - sites that figure prominently in the major search engines. If your site is in one of the "attractive" categories then you will probably find yourself hit by attempts to spam your site at some time or another.

Everyone wants the "silver bullet" - the universal panacea, "spamicide", the global elimination of spam. I would like world peace, free beer and never having to say "I'm sorry", too. I think we have to be realistic about our dreams.

There are anti-spam products and anti-spam measures available. Some are better than others and not all of them are completely effective. Some anti-spam products may even prevent legitimate messages being posted on your forum or may prevent legitimate email arriving in your inbox to advised you that, yes, you did in fact win $10 in the lottery!

More
11 years 5 months ago #316 by carsten888
I want to prevent posts containing the spammers link to a stupid handbag-site. I've checked the documentation and the configuration but can not find how to set this up. Am I overlooking something or do I need a plugin to do this?

More
11 years 5 months ago #317 by FaneGSM
I use Forum Protection for a long time, I am very satisfied with it, Plugin have a lot of features like , badwords, url filter and work fine with Kunena 2.x
I do not want to be seen as a spammer or advertiser, so I will not post the link, but you can easily find the plugin in JED

More
11 years 4 months ago #318 by g41n
Hi,
from some days I have bot registration and posts. I've updated both kunena and recaptcha, deleted bot users and checked captcha on registration form, but no success.

I've a Joomla 2.5.6 installation with kunena 2.0.2 and recaptcha 2.5.0.

Any hint on how to find where bot register themselves (and fixing the problem) would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

More
11 years 4 months ago #319 by Jiminimonka

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
11 years 4 months ago #320 by ebohatch
My fix for this is to eliminate the link button from the Boardcode above.

Edit administrator/components/com_kuenena/libraries/bbcode/editor.xml
I commented out the button for editor_code at approximately line 65, this will eliminate the editor toggle which allows direct html coding to be inserted.

Then I commented out the lines at approximately 87 to 107 to eliminate the buttons for image links, url links, ebay links, video links and map links.

Unfornately you need to make a note to remind you that when you upgrade the component these will be overlaid and you will need to re-apply the fixes.

Would be nice to have a parameter to allo/dis-allow these items.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sundog108

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds