Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to protect my forum from spam

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #231 by WeedRoy
Replied by WeedRoy on topic Bots
Hello,
i installed recaptcha, but bots again can spaming on the forum :S :S

recaptcha image :

when i try post something without use captcha (not to fill captcha section), it's not possible...

pls help me...

p.s. sry for my bad english.... :(

Thanks.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #232 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Bots
What do you mean, "when I try to post something without [completing the] CAPTCHA, it's not possible", what is the problem?

If you have spambots posting on your forum, the spambots must be getting through the CAPTCHA challenge somehow. Maybe they're not bots? Maybe they are people posting spam on your forum because they're registered users?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #233 by WeedRoy
Replied by WeedRoy on topic Re: Bots

sozzled wrote: If you have spambots posting on your forum, the spambots must be getting through the CAPTCHA challenge somehow. Maybe they're not bots? Maybe they are people posting spam on your forum because they're registered users?

hmmmm......i am sure 90%, they are not ppl, they are spam bots.... :S

More
12 years 3 months ago #234 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Bots
If you know that CAPTCHA works (and we know that CAPTCHA works) in the sense that you cannot post a message if you require a response to CAPTCHA, what is your question?

More
12 years 3 months ago #235 by AJ2
Replied by AJ2 on topic Re: Bots
Recently I did see how these bots do their work. Programs like Xrumer and Senuke are very powerful. It seems captcha is not a problem for these programs. People who use these programs are always behind a proxy or using a vpn connection. So blocking on IP is only a temporary solution.

I have only a little forum, but lately all posts are form programs like these. Now I have an account at akismet and a security plugin what helps a little. But I am not sure if kunena works with this security plugin. Still I receive spam posts, only less.
It would be great if kunena offer a security solution for this.

More
12 years 3 months ago #236 by WeedRoy
my question is :
whay bots can continiu with spaming on my forum?
captcha work, but thay can spam.... :S

More
12 years 3 months ago #237 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Bots
There are spam bots that allow people to solve captchas. It costs you few dollars to solve 1000 captcha challenges... And it's not too much more expensive to hire people to spam.

More
12 years 3 months ago #238 by WeedRoy
but i know one site who dont use captcha, and dont have spam bots...
hmmmm :S

More
12 years 3 months ago #239 by sozzled
WeedRoy: I know of dozens of websites that do not have spam; the non-existence of spam on those sites can be for a million reasons. The existence of spam, anywhere on the internet, can be from spam bots or people who post spam. When you say that you know of one site that does not use CAPTCHA and that site does not have spam 'bots, what are you trying to say?

WeedRoy wrote:

Why bots can continue with spamming on my forum?

It doesn't really matter whether spam exists on the internet because people post spam or whether automated software processes (i.e. 'bots) post spam. The issue is that some user agents are used to spread spam.

Many user agents exist. The best known user agents are the ones we use every day, like Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, etc. But there are also other user agents employed by people and by automated software.

One way to prevent spam getting on your forum is to prevent unauthorised user agents from accessing your website. That's far too big a subject for a discussion topic like this one. In fact you could attend a week-long seminar on internet security if you had a keen interest in the subject. For the time being we simply have to accept the fact that we live in the kind of world where spam exists and there are no guaranteed solutions to combat it. As I have said on dozens of occasions before now:

The only effective remedy against spam is vigilance.

More
12 years 3 months ago #240 by proterra
The Captcha (Re Captcha) didn´t work correctly.

You can fill out the form with what you want. Test it on my plattform

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds