Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to protect my forum from spam

More
12 years 4 months ago #201 by sozzled
General advice: Wiki article on using CAPTCHA has been updated. Please see Using CAPTCHA spam protection in Kunena

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #202 by WeedRoy

sozzled wrote: General advice: Wiki article on using CAPTCHA has been updated. Please see Using CAPTCHA spam protection in Kunena

Tnx :)
but that work only when i allow Guests to Post/Write :/
(Forum Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Allow Guests to Post/Write = Yes)

How can i make to work that and only members have acces to post/write ?

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #203 by keithyoung89
Our forum is getting rubbish (ads from Poland/Russia etc) posted, although I have installed OSOLCaptcha for registration, password reminder, username reminder, account creation. I think it's safe to assume that this is coming from bots that can sneak through the captcha security. I think I need to install tighter security. Can somebody please recommend appropriate software, non-commercial or commercial, that would do the job?

Thanks.

*** Topic moved from Support category by moderator ***
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic moved explanation

More
12 years 4 months ago #204 by jdevilliers
Hi All

I've got a K 1.6 installed on my website. I receive a lot of New Topics that is spam and users create bogus usernames to post these Spam Topics.

I need a little help to beef up the security on my forum and prevent Spam Posts and Usernames.

Thanks
Jeanne

More
12 years 4 months ago #205 by sozzled
jdevilliers: We recommend that you upgrade, as soon as possible, to K 1.7.1 because of the improved security features in the latest version. In the final analysis, however, I will repeat the advice that I have given on many occasions in this topic:

"The only truly effective remedy against spam is vigilance."

This topic also gives a few suggestions about how you can mitigate the way that spam users register on your site and misuse your forum to "promote" their rubbish. You may find, by reading other messages here, some ideas useful to you. I hope this helps.

More
12 years 4 months ago #206 by nsprime
@TS and others, please check your site if it is still accessible via this link.

yourdomain.com/index.php?option=com_user&view=register

If yes, Bots can register to your site via that link,

You can browse through the extensions below to redirect your registration link and login.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...urity/authentication

If you are using CB of Jomsocial, There are free plugins that can redirect from core Joomla registration to JomSocial or CB registration page.

More
12 years 4 months ago #207 by sozzled
You might also consider tweaking your .htaccess file - I recommend extreme caution here (try this first on a test site) - using the information from this place: perishablepress.com/press/2007/06/28/ult...-htaccess-blacklist/

More
12 years 4 months ago #208 by gerald_k
Hi,
What can I do if a spammer creates a new account? Even after deleting the posts and ban the user? The same IP address but different accounts are uses again and again and … I am keeping deleting the dirty stuff in the forum? Is there a way to ban the IP address or a other solution?

Thx for help

Gerald

More
12 years 4 months ago #209 by naimless
Hi, I didn't want to raise the whole Captcha debate again, but something very strange is going on.

Until a few days back, I had my own hacked Captcha on Kunena to prevent spammy posts by guests.

Now I have upgraded to the new Kunena and enabled Recaptcha - thanks again Matias for implementing!

But very very strangely, since then I have been absolutely inundated by anonymous comment spam, mostly from China, usually containing a lot of nonsense weblinks to various spammy products. I get something like 15 spammy posts a day now - whereas before with my hacked Captcha solution I described in another thread, it was more like 1 per week.

The only explanations I have are:
1. The Chinese spammers now manually solve Recaptchas in a sweatshop and post spammy comments through a bot on all latest version Kunena forums with Recaptcha installed.
2. Recaptcha has been hacked and a bot can read it and post on forums.
3. There is some error in the Recaptcha implementation in Kunena and it is possible to circumvent? It seems to work find for me on the front-end, but you never know?
4. I have misconfigured something and ReCaptcha is not working in Kunena as it should.

Has anyone else experienced the same? If not, any idea guys about the cause? :unsure:

On another semi-related note, I wanted to plug an amazing component, which has almost completely controlled this tide of spam since I installed it a few hours ago: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...ty/site-access/16331

Anyone else used SpamFighter? I think it's maybe even good enough to do away with the Captchas altogether - through Bayesian analysis it has caught 99% of spammy Kunena posts. Incredible. B)

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #210 by WeedRoy

WeedRoy wrote:

sozzled wrote: General advice: Wiki article on using CAPTCHA has been updated. Please see Using CAPTCHA spam protection in Kunena

Tnx :)
but that work only when i allow Guests to Post/Write :/
(Forum Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Allow Guests to Post/Write = Yes)

How can i make to work that and only members have acces to post/write ?

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by WeedRoy.

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds