Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to protect my forum from spam

More
12 years 2 months ago #281 by MonkeyDragon
Well, I've managed to stop the spam being posted on the forum....or at least cut it down to about one instance a day so thanks to all for the advice.

Anyone shed any light on this though.....my site is Joomla and you have to register to use some functions,including the Kunena forum part of it. Once you register an eamil is sent which you then activate etc etc.

However, I am getting about 100 per day whereby some nonsense email and user registers but then never proceed to actually complete registration, I'm guessing because it#'s some automated system doing it. There is no IP address included and they are all from email addresses ending with '@aderispharm.com'.

Is this a threat to the site and how do I stop them? 100 per day is a hell of alot.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #282 by MonkeyDragon

MonkeyDragon wrote: Well, I've managed to stop the spam being posted on the forum....or at least cut it down to about one instance a day so thanks to all for the advice.

Anyone shed any light on this though.....my site is Joomla and you have to register to use some functions,including the Kunena forum part of it. Once you register an eamil is sent which you then activate etc etc.

However, I am getting about 100 per day whereby some nonsense email and user registers but then never proceed to actually complete registration, I'm guessing because it#'s some automated system doing it. There is no IP address included and they are all from email addresses ending with '@aderispharm.com'.

Is this a threat to the site and how do I stop them? 100 per day is a hell of alot.

Cheers

Sorry guys, just reafing back through this and I think it's prob best served asking on a Joomla forum - unless anyone has any suggestions? I am presuming the problem lies with Joomla and not Kunena?

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #283 by sozzled
The whole problem about spam on the forum - any forum, not just Kunena - starts with you, how you manage your website and whom you allow to post on your forum. If you only allow registered users to post on the forum then if you can stop spam registrations (or, at least, if you can make it more difficult for spam accounts to be registered) you've won the battle. Kunena is not responsible for user registration, pure and simple. Therefore your question about how to stop people registering on your website with similar email addresses is best answered elsewhere.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #284 by MonkeyDragon
Thanks for that Sozzled, I agree regarding the registration that this is actually the wrong forum however I do have a couple of quick Kunena questions......

1) Can I stop people posting links within their messages (ALL the spam have these links)?

2) Can I set it that any messages need to be reviewed by admin prior to publishing?

I suspect that these are not options on 1.60 RC-1, which is the version I run. If that's the case then I shall look to upgrade to the newer version. Is there a thread on here already that covers the topic of installing the newest version - preferably, an Idiots guide!

Thanks again to all

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #285 by sozzled

MonkeyDragon wrote: 1) Can I stop people posting links within their messages (ALL the spam have these links)?

No

MonkeyDragon wrote: 2) Can I set it that any messages need to be reviewed by admin prior to publishing?

Yes

MonkeyDragon wrote: I suspect that these are not options on 1.60 RC-1

You can review posts, even in K 1.6.0 RC1. You should not, however, be using K 1.6.x if you want support. There should be no excuses for not using K 1.7.2 which fixes over 500 issues since K 1.6.0 RC1. Please read K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #286 by costisefu
You still don't believe in a question&answer check for kunena posting?

Please answer this:

Daca scazi doi din zece rezulta ...
Va rugam sa completati cu LITERE raspunsul la intrebarea de sus. Este doar o protectie anti-spam. Exemplu : patru

Another one:
Care sunt ultimele doua litere din numele nostru care sunt inainte de .RO?

How can a robot answer ever to the second question, even if it could translate?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by costisefu.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #287 by thegenni
Hi everybody

I wanted to hear if someone could help me with a spam problem. It seems as if I sometimes get attacked on my website: It Forum

I've added a Captcha from google which works fine, but in some way they once in a while spam me 3 times a day without creating a user.....

I really don't understand how they cant do this or how to prevent it?

If you are danish, you should really check out my It Forum . Otherwise you might not understand my language... But check the design anyway ;-)

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #288 by GJSchaller
I found this extension / plugin, which has been VERY useful to me - for the past 2 months, I have not had a single spammer get through, AND no users have complained about being blocked, either.

EasyCalcCheck PLUS:

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...curity/captcha/11964

I should note that it's more than just a simple question-and-answer, or math. There's also the ability to add reCATCHPA, Akismet, BotStop, Mollom, and multiple forms of questions. Some of those systems are pay-for, but I am willing to spend $5 a month to block the sheer volume of spam my site *had* been getting. (Note the past tense - it's not getting it any more.)

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by GJSchaller.

More
12 years 1 week ago #289 by sharesau
Replied by sharesau on topic Spam Prevention
Hello,

Im new to Kunena. I have just recently had my site created for me and have receieved my first spam post in my forum. Just wondering what other users here use to keep spammers at bay and how you go about setting up these preventative measures.

Below are my configuration settings.

Thanks in advance!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_mynxx_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.3 | creationdate: 03/31/09

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: The file doesn't exist sh404sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 1 week ago #290 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

Many useful suggestions here.

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds