Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question [Merged topic] You are not authorised to view this resource

More
14 years 4 months ago #11 by dmna007
Hi, I'm not entirely sure what you mean - sorry, i'm a complete newbie to Joomla and Kunena. I have noticed and I dont know if its related, but on the joomla home page there is an 'unlock all' button. When I click on this it also says 'You are not authorised to view this resource' which is the same error as the forum. I am set up as a Joomla administrator (not super admin) - could this be a permission problem - I am unable to look at the Joomla global config to see if user registrations are enabled, would the ISP be the super admin as there doesnt appear to be any setup in Joomla users?

I installed Kunena on my works intranet without any issues at all and everyone is happily using it - just cant get this one working lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #12 by Matias
That message is generated by Joomla, not Kunena. And yes, it is a permissions problem.

Can you give me address (URL) to that broken page?

More
13 years 8 months ago #13 by dizz
Please help! I am having the same problem :(

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #14 by sozzled
G'day, dizz, and welcome to Kunena. I'm sorry but I don't fully understand " I have the same problem ... ". Do you mean that you are running the same version of Kunena that was referred to when this topic began 9 months ago? :S

Can you provide a lot more information about your "same problem", please? It might help if you looked at K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first. Thank you. B)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #15 by brianfischer74
I'm having the same issue.

Joomla 1.5.19
Kunena 1.5.12
Community Builder 1.2.2

I can view the forums no problem as an admin. However no one else can and they get the 403 error.

I have all SEF turned off.

I have recreated a new menu link also. Users can get to the first page displaying all of the categoires, but when they click on one it doesn't work.

I did import these from SMF. Maybe that has something to do with it? I can access as an admin.

If i try to set it to public so anyone can see it when you click on the forum it comes up with a login page.

It is the same url no matter if I'm login as admin, I try as a guest, or I try as one of my registered users.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by brianfischer74.

More
13 years 8 months ago #16 by brianfischer74
Seemed to have fixed it. Found a menu on another menu area that was for just the admins. So maybe the two of them going at the same time caused it to conflict.

More
13 years 7 months ago #17 by ncase
Had the same issue with only the first index page of the forum showing up and the rest of the threads throwing 403 unauthorized.

Turned out this was indeed because some of my joomla menus had kunena links access under "special". Changed them to "registered" solved the problem.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #18 by g0lg0thaza
Hi All

My first post - and I searched long and hard before deciding to post a request for help... but could not find the answer.

Joomla 1.5.20
Community Builder 1.2.3
Kunena 1.5.12

Issue: I get the following error when trying to let registered users access the Forum - "You are not authorised to view this resource."
If I log in as a Super Admin however I can access the Forum fine. Public viewers can not see the link to the Forum (only registered users can).

Sequence of Events:
I installed Kunena without any issues on my Joomla site. I then changed my temporary link to the Forum (from an article indicating it would be up soon) to the Kunena Menu Item Type. The first time I did this it asked me what to use for the user database and I chose Community Builder. Later when I tried re-creating the menu item I no longer see this option under the Parameters (see image). Not sure if I should be seeing something here.

I then synced the user database in Kunena as it did not have the Comunity Builder users in it yet. Then trying to log in I got the above error.

From my reading/searching it appears this issue is actually a Joomla error and not a Kunena error. I have tried changing the Forum menu item Access Levels to Public and even Special with the same results (I'd like it to be Registered though).

I have also tried registering a new user after the Kunena install, but the same results occur.

Any help or direction appreciated.

Thanx
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by g0lg0thaza. Reason: mistake

More
13 years 6 months ago #19 by fxstein
This sounds like a Joomla main menu issue.

The forum link to Kunena should be via >> component >> Kunena

It will never have parameters like user or database.

The integration settings between other 3rd party components are handled inside the Kunena config.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #20 by g0lg0thaza
Hi

Thanx for reply...

You are correct, I have been looking around again and what I was referring to is actually in the Community Builder Plugin Management - under Forum integration.

This is where I specified the that Kunena is actually the Forum used (and not the other way around as mentioned earlier - sorry ;-)

Under CB Tab Manager I also see this:

Should this Forum Tab be enabled? I tried enabling it, but still no luck. (EDIT - OK saw this would just enable some Forum stats in the user profile if enabled).

Thanx for the help so far, any further suggestions welcome. I am continuing reading up on the topic and will post if I get a solution.

Cheers
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by g0lg0thaza. Reason: spelling

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds