Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question All users moderators after migration.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #21 by sozzled
Good. Now go back to the User Manager page and look at who are in the Administrator and Super Users groups:

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #22 by sozzled

chetanmadaan wrote: Do you want me to PM you the login info?

There is no PM feature here. In any event, I do not provide a personal service from here, sorry.

More
8 years 10 months ago #23 by chetanmadaan

sozzled wrote:

chetanmadaan wrote: Do you want me to PM you the login info?

There is no PM feature here. In any event, I do not provide a personal service from here, sorry.

Not a problem.

I thought you asked for it.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #24 by sozzled
In response to msgs #15, #16 and #17 earlier. The forum rank is not involved in this issue. Rich is correct that the moderator rank should have the "special" box checked but that is not the issue. When you asked (in msg #17) if you should remove it, the answer is no; leave the ranks the way that they are.

In msg #17:

chetanmadaan wrote: I think i partially figured it out.

In the global config... I see [every] user as super admin

Yes, you have figured it out. The next thing to do is to remove the users from the Super Users (and Administrators) groups but do not remove everyone! Make sure that you do not remove your own account from the Super Users group or else you will not be able to login to the backend.

More
8 years 10 months ago #25 by chetanmadaan

sozzled wrote: Good. Now go back to the User Manager page and look at who are in the Administrator and Super Users groups:

The group only has users that are actual super users and admins... about 5 of them.

The actual user we are having issues with is a normal registered user in the registered users group.

More
8 years 10 months ago #26 by sozzled

chetanmadaan wrote: I thought you asked for it.

I provide personal, professional support and advice, yes, but I do not provide it here. Most people who provide personal professional services charge a small amount of money for those services. B)

More
8 years 10 months ago #27 by chetanmadaan
understood and may just come to that.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #28 by sozzled

chetanmadaan wrote: The group only has users that are actual super users and admins... about 5 of them.

The actual user we are having issues with is a normal registered user in the registered users group.

I am confused. You wrote in msg #17 that you saw every user was a super user.

All users need to be in the "registered" group, as well. If they are not in the "registered" group, they cannot login to the frontend. ;)

More
8 years 10 months ago #29 by chetanmadaan
The message #17 was really Moderator being special on no.

www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-installation-...tion?start=10#164797

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #30 by sozzled
The moderator rank (Kunena » Rank Manager) needs to marked Special = Yes

The rank does not have any effect on who has forum privileges.

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds