Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question All users moderators after migration.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #11 by sozzled
I understand the problem. It is not that all your users are forum moderators. All your users are site administrators. We discussed this issue in the topic All users have Administrator privileges . I think this is really what has happened in your case.

I could be more sure that I have correctly understood your proble if I could see your website.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #12 by 810
all other tabs should also be inherit:

more issue:
www.kunena.org/forum/154-Miscellaneous-o...vileges?limitstart=0

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #13 by chetanmadaan
Yes, All other tabs say inherit too.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by chetanmadaan.

More
8 years 11 months ago #14 by chetanmadaan

sozzled wrote: I understand the problem. It is not that all your users are forum moderators. All your users are site administrators. We discussed this issue in the topic All users have Administrator privileges . I think this is really what has happened in your case.

I could be more sure that I have correctly understood your proble if I could see your website.

Thanks... i will try to read through all the 130 posts so see what the solution is...

Would you like to point me somewhere specific or just general research through the 130 pages will do?

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #15 by rich
Go to the Rank Manager > click on Moderator and check if it's marked as Special.

Sorry, this message is obsolete. I had not seen the previous posts.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by rich.

More
8 years 11 months ago #16 by chetanmadaan
I think i partially figured it out.

In the global config... I see Every Super user as super admin

Compared to a fresh joomla install (shows denied for everything apart from site login)

Now the question is... where does the Global config takes the permissions from.

It reads and i quote "Inherited means that the permissions from the parent group will be used."

but where does the inherited from global config works?

More
8 years 11 months ago #17 by chetanmadaan
It is.

Shall i get rid of it.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #18 by sozzled
The first thing to do is to check the Joomla global options. Navigate to Joomla's UserUser Manager, see the "Options" button on the top right side of the page.

Now check that New User Registration Group = Registered

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19 by chetanmadaan
The user manager settings for new users looks clear.

More
8 years 11 months ago #20 by chetanmadaan

sozzled wrote: I understand the problem. It is not that all your users are forum moderators. All your users are site administrators. We discussed this issue in the topic All users have Administrator privileges . I think this is really what has happened in your case.

Do you want me to PM you the login info?

Time to create page: 0.987 seconds