Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Forum send emails to all users when new user registers.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #11 by sozzled

neotox428 wrote: ...if you were to register on my site ever single user on my site would receive an email with the following:

Hello administrator,

A new user 'Gregtest', username 'gregtest', has registered at mydomain.com

This makes total, reasonable sense for site administrators to receive such emails but it does not make sense for normal/unprivileged, registered users to receive such emails unless you have modified the access rights, in the backend, to give your registered users elevated privileges to this Joomla feature.

As I have written before on this forum , unlike standalone forum applications (e.g. phpBB) Kunena is not responsible for user registration or for the processes surrounding user registration.

neotox428 wrote: No one is a admin on my site except me so that isn't the case so they shouldn't get the mail.

If this is the case then I agree. No-one—except for administrators—should receive these kinds of emails.

According to the official Joomla documentation , the setting Receive System Emails only applies to site administrators. Therefore, it does not matter what setting you're using because they should not receive these kinds of emails ... unless you have changed the default Joomla access level permissions in the backend (see, among other things, Every new user has Administrator rights ).

neotox428 wrote: ... each individual user you can change receive system email ... but would you want to click on 1000 users and change this?

The normal, default setting for Receive System Emails is "No" (for normal unprivileged users) unless you have changed something; the default value for system administrators is "Yes" (again, unless you have changed something). This setting, notwithstanding, in a standard, well-behaved Joomla installation, it should not really matter what value you have set this to as far as this discussion is concerned. The situation only applies if the user has the setting Receive System Emails = Yes and if that user is an administrator (or has administrator access to the registration component).

If I had more information about your website — unfortunately I am not a moderator on this forum and therefore I do not have access to the confidential information in your configuration report — I might be able to help you more. I'm doing the best I can with the information that you've given.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neotox428

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds