Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Updating the local timezone not working

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #1 by vandommele
I don't know for sure when this bug occurred (with which update), but lately users cannot change their personal set local timezone anymore. When the user changes time zone in the User Profile Editor and presses Save, the time zone parameter is not updated in the database.
It does not matter which level the user is.

Does anyone else has this problem?

Setup below:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : GameOn-FJT | author: FJT | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.3 | 2013-10-20 [ Bifrost ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8 | UddeIM 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by vandommele.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
A couple of suggestions:

(1) Trash and delete the menu item (id=194) in your mainmenu menu that is pointing to an out-of-date menu item.

(2) Use the K 3.0.3 Blue Eagle template instead of the K 1.7.2 Blue Eagle template.

I do not have a test site with J! 2.5.16 and so I cannot say if I have seen this problem with that version of Joomla, but I have not had this problem with K 3.0.3 on J! 3.2.0 (and we don't have that problem here at this website )

More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by vandommele
Thank you for your quick reply.

I've deleted menu item 194 (which was disabled anyway) and set Blue Eagle template 3.0.3 as standard and active.
This did not change the problem with our website. Any other suggestions?
Do I interpret that perhaps upgrading to Joomla! 3 might help?

More
10 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
I know that there are some issues with J! 2.5.16 but I can't say with any certainty if they're what are causing your particular problem. Like I said, I haven't encountered this particular issue using K 3.0.3 (and I've tested it on two different J! 3.2.0 sites).

Superficially - that is, without having a snoop around the backend of your website for myself - it's my suspicion that this is a Joomla issue. But I could be horribly wrong.

One way to test this for yourself is to see if you can use the standard Joomla "edit my profile" facility from the frontend and tell us if you can satisfactorily change the timezone there? This is how you go about doing that:

(1) Login to your site

(2) Enter the following URL in the address bar of your browser:
http://<your-domain>/index.php?option=com_users&view=profile&layout=edit

If you cannot change the timezone there then the problem is not a Kunena problem.

More
10 years 4 months ago #5 by vandommele
Thanks again for the quick reply.

I was not aware of that link. The timezone cannot be changed there either, so I'll look into the code of that Joomla part.

More
10 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
My suggestion is to search for (or ask) your question at the Joomla forum . Perhaps others have similarly had a problem trying to change the local timezone?
The following user(s) said Thank You: vandommele

More
10 years 4 months ago #7 by vandommele
Off topic question: Sozzled: Do you have a Joomla forum account? Can you ask an admin to check the register process? I'm not getting an authentication email to validate the account and without account I cannot report this there, nor contact an admin to inform him about the problem with registering...

Thank you in advance!

More
10 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled
Yes, I have a a Joomla forum account.

No, I did not have any problems registering myself at forum.joomla.org .

No, I do not have the problem of not being able to edit my Joomla user account local time zone information and, therefore, it makes no sense if I report this on your behalf (unless, of course, you're offering to bribe me with lots of money to do this for you :laugh: )

Easy to fix your problem. I would, if I was in your position, create a brand new Joomla site, check that I could change my Joomla local timezone, install Kunena! check that I could still change my local timezone, install (one by one) everything else you've installed (checking, after each install, that I could still ch few my local timezone information) and, eventually you will have a fully-working website. And, I' m not kidding, because that's really what I would do if I was in your postion.

Sorry, on this occasion (and in the absence of bribery) I have no other advice for you.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #9 by vandommele
After a few days of not sending the authentication mail, it now works. Probably a problem which is fixed now.

I wasn't asking for you to report the problem of the timezone, rather notifying the Joomla admins that the registering procedure had a bug which I could not inform them about without registering. However, that's solved now, so no worries.

I will post a topic on the Joomla forums about this issue. Thank you for your help. :)
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by vandommele.

Time to create page: 0.582 seconds