Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged Warning - JFTP: :rename: Bad response - Rename failed error after installation

More
10 years 1 week ago #11 by coder4life
Out of curiosity can you install any other extension?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #12 by vikuksi
Yes, i can. Because of ftp layer enabled. Only when I am upgrading joomla, I must do some "bypass" as I have described on Joomla forum .

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #13 by sozzled

vikuksi wrote: I have ftp layer enabled in Joomla.

Some people like to use the FTP layer enabled in Joomla and some people do not use this feature. I must say that I do not know too many people who use this feature.

If you want to use the FTP layer in Joomla then you need to do a few extra things. I suggest that you do some background research into Joomla's FTP settings .

A related topic on this subject is Warning - JFTP: :rename: Bad response - Rename failed error after installation .

I do not understand what you mean when you wrote "When I attempt to install Kunena I get [the] message ..." According to your configuration report, you have already installed Kunena successfully.
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #14 by vikuksi
Yes, I nstalled successfully, but there was that system message, which looks now, after I have disabled ftp layer, like this : Error Rename failed
Can I remove that information? If it's only to notify me. (?)

I have ftp enabled temporarily, because of those server permissions. Without of that is very hard to install any extension.

Main question is: will Kunena work, when I have all directories unwritable? (under System Information > System Information > Status)
This is something, that i can't change.

Thank You.
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by vikuksi.

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #15 by sozzled

vikuksi wrote: This is something, that i can't change.

Actually, this is something that you can change. I suggest that you read Securing Kunena in the Wiki and also read Warning - JFTP: :rename: Bad response - Rename failed error after installation .

Because the K 3.0 Installation and Upgrade is for people who are having problems with the actual process of installatiing Kunena for the first time or with upgrading from an older version of Kunena, and because you have actually installed Kunena on your site, I have moved this topic to a more appropriate category and changed the title of this topic.

vikuksi wrote: Main question is: will Kunena work, when I have all directories unwritable?

Unfortunately, because you have edited your configuration report, this is a question that only you can answer yourself.
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 6 days ago - 10 years 6 days ago #16 by vikuksi
Well, i have changed perrmission temporarily via ftp, and system info doesn't appear anymore.
----
As for my configuration report: I have changed my url, and my name only. Are this info relevant? (site is offline now)
---
I really want to avoid some fatal problems after site will be published, but i have not recommanded version of php, and those folder permissions by hosting provider, so that's why i am asking for help.
///
thank you
Last edit: 10 years 6 days ago by vikuksi.

More
10 years 4 days ago #17 by coder4life
The only thing I can recommend is to talk with your hosting provider if you want to avoid fatal errors. What people described in that Joomla Forum topic you posted is correct about the file permissions. This is something external from our control.

More
10 years 4 days ago #18 by vikuksi
I have tested main functions. registered as visitor, posted something, noticed administrator (me :lol: ) about spam, deleted the thread, deleted new user. Everything worked. So, I will see... I hope it will be ok.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds