Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged Apostrophe displaying with slash

More
10 years 9 months ago #11 by sozzled
I had this problem a few years ago. As I recall, I just turned off PHP magic quotes and that seemed to do the trick. There's also Bezman's advice that involves playing around with your .htaccess file. I don't really remember all the intricacies of the deal (and maybe you have to edit by hand anything on your site where unescaped quotes are still hanging around) but there must be dozens of places on the Internet where people have hit this issue before and given advice on how to go about it.

The point that we need to stress here - and we cannot stress it enough: this is not a Kunena issue. This is a website administration issue; this is a PHP implementation issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #12 by xillibit

southga wrote: I spoke with my host's tech support and he upgraded my site to PHP 5.4, but the backslashes are still in the forum posts. Can you offer any more advice?

Thanks!

Try to write a new message in your forum and check if the backslashes are still added, like before you had magic_quote enabled, so now you have that message with backslashes saved in your database

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 9 months ago #13 by dahzgud
Replied by dahzgud on topic i'm becomes i\'m
any word with ' ends up with a \ after hitting submit. i've googled and searched this forum, but can't find anything. please excuse me if this question has already been submitted. thanks!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jsn_dome_free | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 3.1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9 | UddeIM 3.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
10 years 8 months ago #14 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic i'm becomes i\'m
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, dahzgud, and welcome to the community.

I hope you find the advice you are looking for (about escaped quotes ) here in this topic.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #15 by LeverageL1
Hi,

I have recently created a website and added a kunena to it. I am currently experiencing a few issues which i need some help with and write a post here seems like my only option.

1. Random slashes / appear in forum posts and i have no idea why they tend to be before punctuation marks and can vary in number.

[strike]2. I'd like to have the tabs you have on this site which don't seem to be on mine eg. my topics, recent topics. no replies etc.

3. Some text box areas disappear when you mouse over them for example in the edit my profile area and on the sign up area. Very wierd and i can't find any answers for it.

4. Icon sizes. I know how to change them and i know that the size needs to be 32 x 32. I would like to have a 64x64 image as the folder.png and folder_nonew.png is there anyway i can make this happen?

I know there is a lot in the thread but if i can find a solution to these problems it would make me very happy.[/strike]

*** Edited by moderator: one subject for each topic, please.

Thanks,
LeverageL1

Configuration Report

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : shaper_helix_ii | author: JoomShaper.com | version: 2.0.9 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : NTS KCarbon | author: Nice Theme Store | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-05-25

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 8 months ago #16 by sozzled
These "random" slashes are called escaped quotes. See the topic Apostrophe displaying with slash .

Let's resolve this problem for you and we can move along to other problems you have. Please use a separate topic for each question. Thank you. :)

More
10 years 8 months ago #17 by sozzled
I see that you have created other topics for your other questions. Thank you for doing that. :)

Have we resolved this topic before turning our attention to your other problems?

So many problems; it's tough to know where to begin, sometimes, isn't it?

More
10 years 8 months ago #18 by LeverageL1
Fixed it :) i wasn't sure id be able to since i don't have any experience with this stuff! haha thanks for your help if we could move on to my new problem that would be great.

More
10 years 8 months ago #19 by sozzled
I have already replied to your second question.

More
10 years 6 months ago #20 by kbrookes
I'm also experiencing this issue - magic quotes are off (I'm on Joomla 3 but I double-checked the system info to be certain).

Was there any resolution to this issue?

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : Londinium Espresso | author: thinksync | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.2 | creationdate: 2013-08-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 4.1.0.1559

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1

Time to create page: 0.717 seconds