Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Installation Problems in sub-web

More
10 years 11 months ago #11 by TwoHoot
After changing the Configuration.php in .../jupgrade, should I try the recommended Install from URL?

Or are we still working on trying to do an "Install from Directory" procedure?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #12 by rich
Why don't you try it? Both should work.
If it doesn't work, I do not know how I can help you more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwoHoot

More
10 years 10 months ago #13 by TwoHoot
I sent a small donation for a couple of beers. I will see if it works tomorrow. If it doesn't we will just keep on working on it until it does or get someone else to offer suggestions.

Cordially,
TwoHoot

More
10 years 10 months ago #14 by TwoHoot
No Joy - It still generates the same error message and does not install.

Let me try to install a different extension to see if the problem is general on my server and/or Joomla installation or peculiar to the Kunena installation only.

In the meantime, maybe someone will come along who has had a similar problem and solved it.

More
10 years 10 months ago #15 by TwoHoot
OK - here is some new information to consider.

I tried and failed to install xclone backup using the Upload Package File method. It generated the following error messaaage:

JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Warning: Failed to move file!

Seeing that, I tried to install Kunena the same way and got the same error message. Then I went to the Joomla forum and searched for the error message and found this thread:

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=620&t=7...Acreate%3A+#p3035035

Which contains a lot of good information. Note that it was a jupgrade installation also.

Bottom line diagnosis and solution from Joomla:

PHP API: apache2handler

This is the source of your problem. Set it to "cgi/fcgi" so that the web server will run as the same user you use for ftp. Ask your host for assistance.

Does anyone here have anything to suggest other than contacting my hosting service and asking them to make the recommended changes? How hard is it to do?

More
10 years 10 months ago #16 by TwoHoot
So much for donating to Open Source developers. It just gets you shifted from on topic to off topic and into dead end miscellaneous. Choke on it.

More
10 years 10 months ago #17 by rich
The content of this section is also General Joomla.
If the problem is cgi/fcgi, then you need to ask your hosting service. He can tell you whether the technical conditions are met for a trouble-free Joomla 2.5 (or higher) operation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Time to create page: 0.685 seconds