Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question How to make Kunena faster

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by TraaBBIT
How make Kunena faster?

hygnhtyjkhtyutuy
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic How to make Kunena faster
Faster than what? The best way to optimise the speed of Kunena is to use the Blue Eagle template that was designed for Itami to not change anything. Other useful information is available in Improving Kunena performance .

By the way, how are you going with your rewrite of the Kunena Popular module. You've been very quiet on that subject. I thought you would have finished it by now. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your work, especially since you asked me a lot of questions about it. :lol:
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #3 by TraaBBIT
Replied by TraaBBIT on topic How to make Kunena faster

sozzled wrote:
By the way, how are you going with your rewrite of the Kunena Popular module. You've been very quiet on that subject. I thought you would have finished it by now. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your work, especially since you asked me a lot of questions about it. :lol:

I haven/t finished it yet.

Optimise Kunena configuration is only for K1.7 and K1.6. And for K2.0.4?

hygnhtyjkhtyutuy
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by TraaBBIT.
More
10 years 11 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic How to make Kunena faster
Kunena 2.0 has almost the same configuration options.
More
10 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
The principles regarding improving performance are the same for K 2.0 as they were in earlier versions except for one small detail: K 2.0 is about 30% faster than K 1.7 anyway. It is not easy to address the question, "how to make Kunena faster" without knowing how "fast" it is running now on your site.

The "simple" answer to this really complicated question is, Kunena runs best when you don't change anything.

*** Off-topic ***

By the way, I probably could have finished that module rewrite for you in about one or two days. :whistle:
More
10 years 11 months ago #6 by TraaBBIT
My site is reprapforum.pl

hygnhtyjkhtyutuy
More
10 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
We know where your website is located but we cannot see your forum because you have blocked our access to it; we do not know, for example, how "slow" you think Kunena runs at your site. Only you have that information; information that you have not shared with us.

Let me return to your original question: How to make Kunena faster?

My answer is: Faster than what?
More
10 years 11 months ago #8 by TraaBBIT
I don't bloked Your access to my forum.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_revista | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.4 | creationdate: July 2012

Kunena default template details : Tigra | author: Tigra Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-15

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.4 | Kunena Stats 2.0.4 | Kunena Login 2.0.4

hygnhtyjkhtyutuy
More
10 years 11 months ago #9 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic How to make Kunena faster
You should start by preventing static files from being loaded on every page load. That will make the page to load twice as fast, especially as your css file takes over 1.5 seconds to load for me.

See server optimization / Cache static files in browser in the above document @sozzled provided to you.
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #10 by sozzled
Try using the default K 2.0 Blue Eagle template to see if Kunena runs faster. Maybe it's the template? Also, consider page caching. ;)
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.478 seconds