Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How do I change the URL of my forum?

More
10 years 6 months ago #11 by sozzled
Joomla menus are tricky things, eh?

The general answer to the question "How do I change the URL of any of my pages on my site" is to modify the alias name of the menu item. That's how Joomla creates SEF URLs.

If you've "lost" your Kunena menu, this article may help you: Kunena Menu issues . If that does not help, try Customised menus .

This is basically a self-help resource to assist people who have questions and who have basic Joomla administration skills so that they can solve problems for themselves; we try to provide general information that assists people who want to make customised changes but we don't have unlimited resources to do custom tasks for individual sites.

Give my suggestions a try and let us know how you go. The answer lies in how you set up your Joomla menu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #12 by IYIaster
It's strange if I click on the Forum menu item it takes me to site/forum and the forum menu is gone. But, if I got to site/kunena/index it takes me to the forum page and the menu is there.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by IYIaster.

More
10 years 6 months ago #13 by sozzled
I have another idea. Try this - it's not quite what you want to do but I think you will see what you need to do to tweak things to your specific needs - How do I change the "default view" of the forum from Recent Topics to Index?

More
10 years 6 months ago #14 by IYIaster
I deleted the Kunena menu and change the alias on my main menu from Forum to Forums and reinstalled the Kunena menu, the Kunena menu is back, but when I click on Forum in the main menu it doesn't stay selected now. This is a small aggravation and one I can certainly live with.

More
10 years 6 months ago #15 by sozzled
If you're comfortable as things stand now, that's OK. This whole general question about keeping menu items highlighted - I think that's a better term than "selected" - we've been around this subject for a long time. There are a couple of sticky topics in the K 3.0 General Questions category that deal with menu issues and I suggest you browse through them for other information that may help you.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #16 by mecenat
Hello.
I set Kunena to be the main page of my site. My site url looks like _mysite.com/forum/index Now main page in admin panel is set to "forum"

If i change main page to "index" - url of my site looks normal _mysite.com/

But when i click on "Recent" or go in any of the forums, i am again get url with that "forum" in the middle _mysite.com/forum/recent.html

How to change url of main page and remove this "forum" everywhere?
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by mecenat.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #17 by mecenat
Is it possible to make usual short url using Kunena, without this mythical "forum" catalog in the path? Please help :unsure:
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by mecenat.

More
10 years 5 months ago #18 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

I think your question is about how to change the "default" view of the forum - the view you see when you go use your main menu item to go to your forum - from the "Recent Topics" view to the "Index" view. This topic has the answer to that question.

More
10 years 5 months ago #19 by mecenat

sozzled wrote: *** Topics merged ***

I think your question is about how to change the "default" view of the forum - the view you see when you go use your main menu item to go to your forum - from the "Recent Topics" view to the "Index" view. This topic has the answer to that question.

No. I asked about url.

Now my main page set to index.

When i open my main page - url is nice and short my_site.ru/

And my url looks like that when i open any topic
my_site.ru/forum/39-drugie-avtomobili/83-volvo-avtomobil-ne-zavoditsya.html

How to remove that /forum/ in the middle? Is it possible? I think url should look like
my_site.ru/39-drugie-avtomobili/83-volvo-avtomobil-ne-zavoditsya.html

And second question, is it normal, that i can get my main page also by entering url
my_site.ru/forum/index

I mean main page has two addresses.
Attachments:

More
10 years 2 months ago #20 by lturika
The best extension ever.
I just have a small problem. How to change the link form showing "kunena" to "forum"

eg. truckinghires.com/index.php/kunena/index

to truckinghires.com/index.php/TH forum/index

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.892 seconds