Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Does anyone have a fix for "Ice Vertical Menu" when used with Kunena 1.7.2?

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #11 by Marcool
Hi again!

Ok so on two fronts : first I'm working on putting a live version of the site up on a free temp host. (few hours from now hopefully)
And secondly with the help of firebug I have identified one element that seems to be problematic in the New Subject page and that page alone :
Code:
document.id("kbbcode-separator5") is null [Stopper sur une erreur] document.id('kbbcode-separator5').setStyle('display','none');

That is in
Code:
function kunenaCheckPollallowed(catid) { if ( pollcategoriesid[catid] !== undefined ) { document.id('kpoll-hide-not-allowed').setStyle('display'); document.id('kbbcode-separator5').setStyle('display'); document.id('kbbcode-poll-button').setStyle('display'); document.id('kpoll-not-allowed').set('text', ' '); } else { document.id('kbbcode-separator5').setStyle('display','none'); document.id('kbbcode-poll-button').setStyle('display','none'); document.id('kpoll-hide-not-allowed').setStyle('display','none'); }

Inside the :
Code:
window.addEvent('domready', function()) {}

of the javascript actually printed out to the browser (not linked in another file)

That error is actually printed out by firebug with and without my problematic menu activated...
Does that make any sense?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Marcool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #12 by Marcool
Well now I'm just :blink: ...

Taking a look at the error in question, which relates to the pool part of the new-post, and after having read through the kunena.poll.class.php about 5 times, I tried changing the poll setting from OFF - which seemed to be the best way to keep it out of my way, the problem disappeared! My menu now works fine in all tabs, including the new subject one!

And polls even work... Well what do you know!
I guess this can be marked as solved, although it's not fully understood! I will still post a link to the live site once it's up (uploading right now). Maybe somebody will be able to figure this out!

Regards, and once more thanks for your patience Sozzled!
Mark
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Marcool.

More
12 years 2 months ago #13 by Marcool
So here is the test site : marcool.webege.com
This message contains confidential information

The forum is under Communauté REVA -> Forum in the main menu.

I have left the poll plugin on "OFF" so you can see the initial error I was dealing with.

Just for curiosity now really as this is solved.

More
12 years 2 months ago #14 by sozzled
Thanks for finding where the problem arises. I've mentioned the issue to the developers and they'll look to see what may need to be adjusted in K 2.0. It's a shame that, in your case, you can't have polls in your forum but if that's the only price to pay it may not be a showstopper. Good luck.

More
12 years 2 months ago #15 by Marcool
Thanks Sozzled!

That's good enough for me anyway, and there isn't even a "price" as the only thing I can't do is turn the polls OFF..., I could even have them on in the global config and just turn them off in every Category that would do the trick, so with no lack of functionality I now have everything working fine.

I'll be looking forward to K 2.0 then, and I wish all of you at Kunena happy developing with that!
Bye,

Mark.

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds