Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Allowing Avatar selection on Registration

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #11 by CheechDogg
Hello Unleash.it, try this video from you tube my Friend. This "MIGHT" help you in adding the option of choosing the avatar when you register.

Let me know if it worked for you.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by CheechDogg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #12 by sozzled
Thanks, CheechDogg, for that very interesting video about how to add extra fields to the Joomla registration process for J! 1.5 (which may be something appropriate to unleash.it). I watched that video and it's quite straightforward to see how one can add additional text values to a J! 1.5 installation. The process is quite different for J! 1.7/2.5.

Adding the requirement for a person to enter additional text information to a user's Joomla profile at the time a person registers with a website is, as I'm sure we'd all agree, considerably less complex than trying to allow the means to add/upload/store an image for integration with Kunena. In other words, how do we ensure that the act of registering also adds this information to the Kunena user profile or whenever the Kunena user profile is created/synched. However, the bare bones of the approach are there and it may be quite useful to this community to see how part of the process could be begun and later extended to meet the need.

As I mentioned earlier in this topic, the project team is considering possibilities for improving Kunena profile management features (either as a core component or as an optional add-on) in the longer term but these improvements will probably have to wait until K 3.0 or afterwards.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #13 by CheechDogg
Lol sozzled, it made sense to me at the time but I do see what you mean about ensuring that the information is added to the Kunena user profile.

Nevertheless like you said it is actually a good video which I just so happen to stumble upon by accident.

Hopefully the project team does make this possible in the future as it is something quite a few people would like to have.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds