Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question [K1.7] [J1.5.23] Avatar & Attachment upload failed

More
12 years 4 months ago #11 by sozzled
Thanks for letting us know how you fixed this issue. In most case, the inability to upload avatar images is not a Kunena problem (or something wrong with the design of Kunena) and, in most of those cases, the issue does involves something with the site configuration. I'm glad we were able to point you in the right direction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• C0n
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
12 years 4 months ago #12 by C0n
I take it nobody took the time to read the joomla docs you have your site location defined using base dir but you have not set a tmp (temp) directory to use for uploads of files before there moved to the correct location.

docs.joomla.org/Security_Checklist_2_-_Hosting_and_Server_Setup

open_basedir = /home/users/you/public_html:/tmp

notice the :/tmp is your temp directory.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #13 by driven.ani
I checked PHP information from Joomla Backend and against the "open_basedir", it is written as "no value". What I have to do? cause I'm still getting problems while uploading attachments in Kunena.

Error message is:
Copy failed
Failed to upload file 'SRSFormat.pdf': Could not move file into /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/media/kunena/attachments/96/SRSFormat.pdf.

I'm using Joomla 1.7 and this is my forum config..

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 40M

Joomla default template details : yougrids | author: Youjoomla LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 10-01-2010

Kunena default template details : nts_kdark | author: 9ThemeStore | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.0

Modules: Kunena Search 1.7.0

EDIT:
Update:- This uploading problem is occuring only for 2 particular users. The new user registrations are unaffected of this problem.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by driven.ani.

More
12 years 3 months ago #14 by Matias
Check directory permissions for those users: media/kunena/attachments/96 <- where the number is user id.

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds