Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Legacy mode off, but site stops working. How to solve?

More
12 years 6 months ago #11 by godweb

xillibit wrote: @godweb : What do you mean by website doesn't work with legacy disabled ?

It means that the website show only the header (logo and topmenu) and no more

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #12 by xillibit

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 6 months ago #13 by Matias
@iLucato: Try JUpgrade 1.2.2

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #14 by iLucato
Hi folks, I have a good news! After thousand hours and months trying to solve I got to find out the issue in my case that was getting the message "Direct Access to this location is not allowed." when trying to disable the Legacy Mode. Well in sum here is the guilt in my case:

I was using Community Builder, and I had installed the plug-in CB Auto Welcome 1.0.1, which caused the message "Direct Access to this location is not allowed." every time I tried to turn off the legacy mode . So, by uninstalling the Community Builder plug-in CB Auto Welcome 1.0.1 I was able to turn off the legacy mode and make the site works with no error message!

Now, the only issue I found by doing that is in my site/Joomla back-end 1.5.25, if I turn off the Legacy mode when trying to access the menu extensions install/uninstall manager I get the error message "restricted access.". If I find it out I will post here to share with you guys how to solve it. I hope do not spend another thousand hours and months. :0)

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by iLucato.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #15 by sozzled
iLucato: I split your last message (posted in If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first ) because you have fixed your BBcode toolbar problems. Congratulations! :woohoo:

But, it's not that difficult. Have you read the topic Joomla legacy mode and Kunena Have you looked at all your plugins, components, languages, templates, modules (frontend and backend) to make sure that they are all 100% compatible with J! 1.5 native mode?

The fact that you were getting the message "Direct access is not allowed" means that you had something written for J! 1.0 and it should have appeared on your list of plugins or modules or something as being not compatible.

You now get the message "Restricted access" on the backend. Have you searched for this on the Joomla help forum ( forum.joomla.org ). If I was in your situation, I would search for "restricted access legacy mode" and see what results you get. There is an explanation. It depends on what backend module, template, plugin, etc., you've installed that's causing your site to misbehave.

And, by the way, look at your signature. Are you still using K 1.7.1-DEV (please upgrade to the stable release), CB 1.4 (I suggest you upgrade to CB 1.7) and AkeebaBackup 3.2.7 (v 3.3.7 has now been released)? Please update your software or update your signature. Thanks.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #16 by iLucato

sozzled wrote: Congratulations! :woohoo:

- Thanks Sozzled.

But, it's not that difficult. Have you read the topic Joomla legacy mode and Kunena Have you looked at all your plugins, components, languages, templates, modules (frontend and backend) to make sure that they are all 100% compatible with J! 1.5 native mode?

Yes, I have read it all, and I have no more (X) showing in the list as non-compatible plug-ins unless for UddeIM 2.5 that shows it, but it runs as J1.5 native even showing it. So, it isn't an issue as asked for the developer and how it is written in its manual. The biggest problem I thing is to find out which CB plug-ins compatible or not. I mean is for J1.0 and for J1.5 once we don't have a list that shows the CB plug-in compatibility within CB as it shows in the Joomla Extension Manager (Compatibility column).

The fact that you were getting the message "Direct access is not allowed" means that you had something written for J! 1.0 and it should have appeared on your list of plugins or modules or something as being not compatible.

- Yes, that I know by reading all your tips from Kunena forum, articles and so on. The problem is the one I said above, is hard to find the CB ones as I found the CB Auto Welcome that just works for J1.0 and was giving that issue with legacy/boardcode, but it doesn't show the compatibility anywhere.

You now get the message "Restricted access" on the backend. Have you searched for this on the Joomla help forum ( forum.joomla.org ). If I was in your situation, I would search for "restricted access legacy mode" and see what results you get. There is an explanation. It depends on what backend module, template, plugin, etc., you've installed that's causing your site to misbehave.

Yes, I'm still searching, but I didn't get any good result yet. That's why I posted that when I find a solution I'll share with the Kunena community. I have already posted a topic at forum.Joomla.org also, anyway, thanks for your tip.

And, by the way, look at your signature. Are you still using K 1.7.1-DEV (please upgrade to the stable release), CB 1.4 (I suggest you upgrade to CB 1.7) and AkeebaBackup 3.2.7 (v 3.3.7 has now been released)? Please update your software or update your signature. Thanks.

I see, I'll update the signature and the Akeeba. Thanks.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

More
12 years 4 months ago #17 by sozzled

More
12 years 4 months ago #18 by iLucato
Hi Sozzled, good morning.
Yes, I'm still using Kunena 1.7.1-DEV | 2011-11-15 | 5156.

Why?

More
12 years 4 months ago #19 by sozzled
Don't, that's why. ;) Please upgrade to K 1.7.1 stable. There's no forum help for dev. versions.

More
12 years 4 months ago #20 by iLucato
Done: Kunena 1.7.1 | 2011-11-16 | 5162 [ UnderUret ]

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds